3rd Trimester

What are you packing in your hospital bag?

I have read some checklists but wanted tips on what I really need? What  are you bringing for clothes?

Re: What are you packing in your hospital bag?

• maternity bra -- no underwire -- and nursing pads

chapstick

hair ties/clips or bobby pins

mousse for my hair (I have super curly hair so I?m just going to scrunch it and go)

shampoo/soap/body/face wash (travel size)

Brush

Makeup (questionable)

Toothbrush/paste

Deodorant

2 Tanktop/Cami

2 Tshirt

2 Track/sweat pants

Zip-up hoodie

3 Socks

Panty pads (you can use our hospitals but most of the girls suggest bringing overnight pads)

Camera/batteries

3 pairs of panties you don?t care if they get ruined

Change/dollar bills for vending machine

Towel

Cell phone charger

Tucks pads

flip flops for shower

For Baby-

Carseat/base

Diaper Bag

-Diapers/wipes

-Sleepers, onsies, socks, hats, mittens-

-Receiving blankets

-Thicker blanket

-Car seat cover (we just had a foot of snow fall, so we need it)

• I'm packing pretty general stuff, but some of the other things I'm packing are a bikini swimming suit top (to hold the girls up during that first shower - a friend told me it was a lifesaver), a ton of batteries for cameras (for after delivery - lol) , and snacks for DH so he has zero excuses to leave my side. :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Great list so far.  I'll add massage oil/lotion for labor, and I second the swimsuit top, our hospital has whirlpool tubs in each room that I totally plan to use during labor!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wouldn't bring pads and panties. Make sure any pants you bring are pants you don't mind getting blood on (I brought a pair of black pj pants). I also wore home the same thing I wore in, but I was induced. Bring two outfits for baby-- one newborn and one 0-3. You won't need receiving blankets either, the hospital provides those. Baby spends the time in the hospital swaddled in a blanket in a side-snap shirt so you'll really only need whatever clothes you want to bring him/her home in.?
  • My list this time will be pretty darn short......

#1: two things of chapstick (the air is dry and the breathing while in labor killed my lips)

#2: Shower shoes.....I just couldn't take a shower in there and I'm not a germaphobe, but everyone in those showers has been bleeding....so, that grossed me out.

#3: slippers

#4: one bathrobe, one pair of PJ's, (stuff that fit at around 4-5 months PG)few pairs of socks

#5: hairbrush, toohbrush and paste

#6: my own pillow....I couldn't sleep on theirs

(I'll wear home what I wear there)

#7: just one outfit for baby to come home in  (we went right home, so we didn't need anything else... it was a 20 min ride and we had some things they gave us to take home)

And I really think that's the important stuff.  My DH went home to shower and could have gotten me whatever else I needed...and this time he has to get home to put DS#1 to bed and wake up at home with him....so, getting extra things isn't a problem.

Jill * Married to Steven 11/9/03 * DS Samuel 4/4/05* DS #2 Jeffrey 6/13/2009
  • The only clothes I'm taking with me are the ones I'll be leaving in (and the ones I arrive in).

A few pair of socks

Slippers

Quite a few pair of underwear...I'm sure they'll need changed often.

Overnight Pads

Nursing bras/Nursing Pads

Laptop/Charger

Camera/Battery Charger/Card Reader to transfer photos

Video camera and charger

Cell phone/charger

Some make-up for when guests start to arrive (pictures will be around forever, i'd like to look half-way decent)

Brush

Mousse

Hair ties

Shampoo/Conditioner (I plan to buy some travel sizes or buy travel size containers)

Hair dryer

Lotion (also travel size)

...That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

For Baby:

Baby Book for Footprints

A few onesies (different sizes)

A few sleepers (also different sizes)

A beanie hat I had made for him with his name on it. 

Car seat/base

...The hospital will have the rest such as diapers, pacifiers, formula (if I need it)

We'll probably take a diaper bag too and just leave it in the car.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"