3rd Trimester

Has anyone had a 3D Ultrasound? Do you think....

its worth the money? I went to the baby expo and I won $50 off any package so its only about $120 and you get a DVD to keep which I thought seemed great! Has anyone ever had one and how was it?

Re: Has anyone had a 3D Ultrasound? Do you think....

• We didn't get one only because we don't want to know what the baby will look like.  SInce we found out the sex, we figured we'll be surprised with what he looks like, but I do think they are neat.  I think they are ridiculously priced, but if you have a coupon it's not so bad.  I think it's just personal preference.
  • We had one done just last Saturday and paid $180 for it. I thought it was awsome and love that we now have him on dvd moving around, plus the amazing pictures. DH even said he thought it was the best $180 we've spent so far. And that really means something; he was unsure about spending so much at first but this kind of thing doesn't happen all the time.

TTGP Nov. Signature Challenge - Favorite Sexy Man Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemeli_221:
    We didn't get one only because we don't want to know what the baby will look like.  SInce we found out the sex, we figured we'll be surprised with what he looks like, but I do think they are neat.  I think they are ridiculously priced, but if you have a coupon it's not so bad.  I think it's just personal preference.

this.  

• We had one done at around 18 weeks for our "big ultrasound".  Our doctor just got the 3D machine, so we didn't have to pay extra, it was just the standard ultrasound.  She did both "regular" pictures and 3D ones and the 3D ones are soooo cool.  Obviously our DD is going to look a lot different when she's born than when she was 18 weeks old in my belly, so I didn't worry about not being suprised at what she looks like at birth!  I would highly recommend it to anyone that had the chance.  Just depends on your situations though.  I know that if we would have had to pay a chunk of money for just the 3D one, we wouldn't have only because money is so tight for us right now. But it is very, very cool...!!!!
  • My doctor does them in his office and has never charged us for any of them! Embarrassed I think I'm pretty spoiled!!!!!

They are definitely worth it!!!  Especially with a coupon.  But NOT after the baby drops.  I've heard 28-32 weeks is the best.  If you wait too long, the baby's head is too low.  My last several ultrasounds weren't very exciting, because it was really hard to see baby's head, and his arms were squished in front of his face.

• We got one, and in my opinion it was TOTALLY worth it! We actually got a special where we got to go twice, once at 24 weeks and once at 30 weeks, and we loved it.  So cool to be able to see our DS and great pictures to send to family!
  • we got one for DS at 27w and it was a lot of fun - we splurged on it as my birthday present and i loved every minute of it.

This time we were not going to pay for one b/c we need to save money for the twins- but thankfully my US tech switched over to 3D for a few minutes at my last US and snapped the photos in my siggy - which are better than any of the ones we paid for with DS (he was not cooperative like the twins!).

They are really cool... if you can afford it- i think it's worth it!

• imagekklickka:
    We got one, and in my opinion it was TOTALLY worth it!
    This.
  • i'm lucky also. i got mine done for free when I was having bad ligament pains. the ultrasound lady was really nice and liked us so she did a free 3d ultrasound for us. yay! ...but do i think i wouldve paid for it?....yea, since this is my first baby. DH and I were planning on doing it anyways.
  • We did with DD and will with this baby too (its on Thursday!)  I can't wait b/c its so cool.  But, if you don't have the extra money, then I wouldn't do it.
  • I think it's worth it! I would do it again in a heartbeat!
  • If you have the extra money do it. It is so cool to have. I have been very lucky and had 4 of them (all free because I am friends with someone who owns a ultrasound business). My MIL has loved being able to watch the DVD and see him move all around. Plus all the pictures that they printed out for us were put on to another disk so I have them on my computer and were able to email them to family that doesn't live close by.

• we did it at the beginign to of March. We mainly did it before I only get 1 u/s with my insurance and we couldn't find out the gender at that time. We didn't do it with my 1st daughter because by the time I got around to looking into it, I was too far a long and they didn't think the pics would come out good. WHen we went back in March the baby was kind of skinny but they took some pics and then we got a freebie chance to come back. We got a dvd, some printed color pics, some black and white pics, and a cd with the pics. We paid about 150 and it was worth it, it was something nice to do and share with our 1st daughter and as soon as she saw the baby she said "THAT'S SISTER" it helped her visualize what's going on in my stomach, plus it was nice to do something different and special for #2 because it's hard when nthing seems "new" and "exciting" since we've been through it before.

SO to answer your question .... I think worth it. :)

Angela :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"