Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Do you commit "mom sins"?

I will admit that my baby has blankets in her bassinet. I've probably commited others, but can't think of any off the top of my head right now.

Re: Do you commit "mom sins"?

• Yes, but to avoid flaming, I plead the 5th.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • when he is in his swing during the day, he sleeps with a fuzzy blanket up around his face. it's the ONLY WAY he will fall asleep in there by rubbing his cheeks and mouth on it lolz
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep my baby is a tummy sleeper! 
  • Absolutely.  After 7 years of being a mom, it would be hard not to, lol.
  • imagehtomeo:
    Yes, but to avoid flaming, I plead the 5th.

I second this.

• YEP

Gave him the pacidifer when he was 3 days old.

I've microwaved his formula a few times.

I nap with him in the bed with me.

He naps on his boppy next to me on the couch.?

• imagejamie4duke:
    Yep my baby is a tummy sleeper!?

Yup, mine too!?

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• No...I am holier than thou....Devil
  • I don't give a what if I get flamed. Audrey sometimes sleeps with a blankie. I have been known to prepare bottles without washing my hands first*. I feed my baby rocket fuel EVERY DAY. I clean up drool and spit up with the sleeve of her sleeper. Sometimes, I leave the TV on even if she's staring at it.

*I should say that I wash my hands more than most (through out the day) so this one is actually pretty lame.

• I have few things that are frowned upon.

?

• imageexcitedforlittleone:

I've microwaved his formula a few times.

I do this if I have made the formula up for the whole day, just to take the chill off.  Otherwise she gets room temp formula.

• imageLerxie:

I don't give a what if I get flamed. Audrey sometimes sleeps with a blankie. I have been known to prepare bottles without washing my hands first*. I feed my baby rocket fuel EVERY DAY. I clean up drool and spit up with the sleeve of her sleeper. Sometimes, I leave the TV on even if she's staring at it.

*I should say that I wash my hands more than most (through out the day) so this one is actually pretty lame.

LOL at cleaning the drool with her sleeve! I've done that before too~

• I would call this more a BFing sin, but DD had a paci in her mouth when she was about 36 hours old (2nd night in the hospital was horrific!)

We sometimes co-sleep in the morning after DH leaves for work, because she wants to eat but I'm still exhausted, so she nurses while I doze.

She used to sleep on her Boppy next to me on the couch frequently.  Not so much anymore.

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • I don't always change her diaper when I feed her in the middle of the night (only if she pooped or is really awake) When she eventually STTN I don't plan on changing her diaper then, so that's my thinking.

I've given up on keeping her from looking at the TV during the day. I'm going back to work at the end of the month anyway so she won't be watching TV at daycare.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I have blankets in the crib, too. DS grew out of his sleep sacks, and falls asleep so much faster with a blanket over him (just his bottom half, not over his face).
    carrie ~ me-at-carrie.cc ~ 4/21/2007
    * blog * first baby blog * baby 2.0 blog * twitter *

IMG_0578

• NOW I find the post.

DD sleeps with a blanket AND a stuffed animal AND her crib bumper. I used a bundle me this winter. I let her sit in the boppy on my bed. I've gone to get the mail and trash cans while DD was inside (don't get me started.) I co-slept with our dog in the bed. I have forgotten to buckle her carseat twice.

My own personal: I EBF and never drink water. Bad mommy.

I'm sure there are more.

• imageCelticWife:

imagejamie4duke:
    Yep my baby is a tummy sleeper! 

Yup, mine too! 

Mine is a tummy sleeper but she puts herself there. She can roll either way.

• Yep!

She sleeps with a blanket although she kicks it off. 

She sleeps on/in her Boppy.

I gave her rice at 9 days old, cause she was hungry.

I don't always sterilize her bottles after washing them.

Our Moms did it and we all survived! 

• imagejamie4duke:
    Yep my baby is a tummy sleeper! 
    mine too!
  • Gave my DD a NUK day 2 in hospital cause she wasnt nursing (they didnt get all the gunk out of her throat!). Has slept on a boppy (until she fell through in the middle of the night when she 3 weeks old-scared me). She still co-sleeps and even shares my pillow with me. Sleeps with a blanking by her face-in the swing. I re-use the same bottle during the day by just rinsing it with hot water (when she is at work with me or DH has her).  

• Umm, I do pretty much everything (save for the microwaving formula, and that's cause my kiddo doesn't mind it chilled) that has been mentioned here on a daily basis.
  • imageGeekchick921:

I would call this more a BFing sin, but DD had a paci in her mouth when she was about 36 hours old (2nd night in the hospital was horrific!)

We sometimes co-sleep in the morning after DH leaves for work, because she wants to eat but I'm still exhausted, so she nurses while I doze.

Ditto to both.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageGeekchick921:

Ditto. We nap together in bed during the day and sometimes I fall asleep (and she does too) when we do side lying nursing.  

• Crown me the ultimate bad mommy! DS had always had a blanket and stuffed animal in his crib. I don't nuke the formula cause of the bottle warmer but i would. I've unloaded the junk in my hands first 10 feet from the car with DS still in the car. (Already parked in the garage). He watches tv for more than 5 minutes at a time cause he likes the movement and sounds. The dog has licked him probably everyday. Oh well flame me what do I care? DS is happy and healthy so that's all that matters.
  • I guess some of you consider co-sleeping a 'sin' lol, but we do it every night. I have a pillow top mattress (I put a heavy pad down on it, but still), and I use a regular pillow and a thin blanket up to my waist.

We've taken plenty of naps on the couch together.

Nowadays he always naps in his bouncy seat.

I drink a beer once in a while, and I still feed him if he's hungry within an hour or two.

I watch TV when he's awake sometimes, and he stares at it like the face of God.

I swear in front of DS allll the time, and I'm only half-ass trying to quit.

Looks like I'm going to hell! At least I confessed!

edit: Oh forgot to confess that I use a bundle me.

• I have forgotten to buckle her in her car seat.
  • NorahNorah member
    I don't always sterilize the pumping stuff. I let him watch TV to keep him occupied while we're eating dinner. (He won't go to sleep earlier than 10 right now, so...) I let my mom get him hooked on pacis.
    Colin's going to be a big brother! Surprise BFP 5/10/11 EDD 1/16/12 Team Pink!
  • My DS sleeps in his car seat at night and his car seat is inside his PNP, next to my bed. 

My dogs lick him on his hands and face.  

He takes his naps in his swing.

He watches/listens to CMT in the mornings and he loves it.  He coos along with the singing.  This is the only chance I get to eat breakfast and straighten a few things up around the house.  

My ds sleeps with two blankets on him at night, but he always kicks them off.

• imageLerxie:

I don't give a what if I get flamed. Audrey sometimes sleeps with a blankie. I have been known to prepare bottles without washing my hands first*. I feed my baby rocket fuel EVERY DAY. I clean up drool and spit up with the sleeve of her sleeper. Sometimes, I leave the TV on even if she's staring at it.

Lol, what's rocket fuel??

I nap with my baby.....We tuck a blankie around him when he's in his bassinette....And I've def walked away from the changing table to wash my hands...that one is a stupid no-no! Granted, he was really tiny at the time, but you just never know....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"