1st Trimester

Looking for hope

Hey everyone-

I'm almost seven weeks and every day is worse than the day before.  It started with food aversion and became full blown all day sickness (dry heaving, no vomiting) two weeks ago.  I have "hot flashes" where I go hot and then cold, hot and then cold. My heart starts to race randomly and I get winded and dizzy if I climb stairs/stand up too fast.  The last few nights, I can't sleep yet I'm so "overtired" I cry if I drop a pencil.  I have ~5 weeks to go until the end of my first semester and I'm looking for hope/motivation....  Please tell me someone else has felt like this!  I feel like a horrible person because I just want this to be over and its supposed to be such an exciting and fantastic time.

Re: Looking for hope

• This is pretty common.  The best I can tell you is to drink a lot of fluids and take it easy.  Good news is most women feel better once they hit the second tri.  Good luck!
  • There is hope.  It sucks when you are going through it, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  My all day sickness, gas, and headaches started around 6-7 weeks, I am now 12wks and I feel like I am back to my old self. I still get a little nauseous if I let myself get too hungry, but otherwise I feel like I am functional again. 

Keep in mind that the reward of holding your little baby will make it worth it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageloveshockey53:

I have ~5 weeks to go until the end of my first semester and I'm looking for hope/motivation.... 

It is trimester, not semester.  Also, I think many of us have felt like this and people have different symptoms as well.  I am sorry you are having a hard time right now.  Talk to your doctor and see if you can take benedryl or something to help you sleep.  Sleep is important for your health as well as your little one's health.

• I was worried because I thought once I got sick - that was it. I was going to be tossing my cookies until week 12. What has surprised me that it changes from day to day so I have hope from one day to another. That gets me through.
    Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageashdonne:
    imageloveshockey53:

I have ~5 weeks to go until the end of my first semester and I'm looking for hope/motivation.... 

It is trimester, not semester. 

LOL.  When I read the OP I thought she was in school and was worried about being sick for finals.

• Actually I work at a college, so I'm not surprised I made that slip!  Thanks everyone!
  • I strongly believe that when people talk about the joy of pregnancy, they were never talking about the first trimester.  There is light at the end of the tunnel though!  :-)   Like everyone else, drink lots of water and get as much rest as you need. 
  • You are definately not alone.  I was like this with my first pregnancy.  My m/s only lasted a month, not the whole tri so hopefully this will be the same for you.  I got through it with saltines, Ginger Ale, vitamin B6 and gum.  In terms of being dizzy, just take it slow.  That should get better too with time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"