1st Trimester

heart rate on doppler at 9 weeks?

so i went to my dr yesterday and he tried listen for a heartbeat and seemed optimistic that he would find one.  however, the device did not pick one up.  he said that it is probably because i am only 9 weeks but also seemed disappointed that he didnt hear one.

just curious - when did you have success hearing a heartbeat? 

Re: heart rate on doppler at 9 weeks?

• We heard it @ 6wk 3days, but with an internal u/s. I go for my next appt around 10 wks and my doc said they would try with a doppler then
  • At 8 weeks with u/s but I had an appt yesterday at 12 weeks and they wanted to hear the heartbeat on the doppler but couldn't find it so gave me an u/s.  I think sometimes it is hard to find with the doppler because my doc and a res tried for a few mins and they couldn't get it.  So don't worry it would have been nice if he gave you an u/s.  If you can't hear it next time ask for an u/s.  In the mean time try not to worry.
  • Loading the player...
  • My Doc won't even try until I'm 12 weeks!
  • Almost 11 weeks.  My doctor wont see you until 10 (unless you are having problems) because it's not 100% certain that you can hear it before then.  Even at 11 weeks he had to move it around a lot and took about a minute to find it.
  • Thats still pretty early.  My doc doesnt use the doppler until between 12 and 14 weeks depending on mother "size".  I am plus size so I am letting myself know now that I probably wont hear it until 14 weeks.

Dont worry!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had my 12 week appointment yesterday and that was the first time my doc tried with the doppler.  We heard it..it took a few minutes and a lot of moving around.  The baby was really low. 
  • I heard it at 11 weeks on the doppler, the tech warned me not to be alarmed if we couldn't because sometimes you can't until atleast week 12.  We did though....
  • Doppler tried at 10w5d & nothing... heard it on doppler @ 11w5d! Dont worry!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hi I went for my first prenatal appointment at 11 weeks and the dr didn't listen for  a heart beat because he thought it might be too early so don't feel bad i was also disappointed

• My doc listened for one at 8w3d, but could not hear one. She said before she even tried that we probably wouldn't hear one, but we may get lucky. She was not concerned at all and said 10 weeks is usually when it is most clear through the doppler. I know some people are lucky enough to hear it early on, but I wouldn't stress. A friend of mine couldn't hear her baby's until after she was 13w!!! Everyone is different. I have another apt. when I'm 9w3d...even 1 week can make a huge difference in their development. Try to not worry!!
  • We heard the heartbeat for the first time yesterday at our doctor's appointment. My doctor was very surprised we could pick it up this soon, and I'm almost at 12 weeks! My guess is that you're too early.
    TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy
  • My doctor was able to find the heartbeat at 8 weeks 5 days, but he did tell me there was a chance we may not hear it. So I wouldnt be worried.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"