Trying to Get Pregnant

Any one 21-25?

I was wondering if there was anyone here 21-25 trying to get pregnant? 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Any one 21-25?

• ::raises hand::

ME! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am 25.5, so not sure that counts, but... Somethin I can help you with?
  • Loading the player...
  • 25 here! Will be ttc in 5 months...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCHELSMS06:

me me me!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAMYfromKY:

::raises hand::

ME! 

Um, Amy? I think you succeeded. Stick out tongue
  • imageAbc15379:
    imageAMYfromKY:

ME! 

lol!
  • Im 21.5! LOL!!!! I am finished with school or will be in the summer, and my husband will be 25 in July and is dying to TTC!  I have a 16 month old step daughter.  I am ready to ttc as well but a small part of me is wondering if I am too young and maybe I only want one because he has one and my friends are all getting pregnant or just had babies.  I am a teacher, I am always around kids and I LOVE them and have always wanted a family of my own, I think i may be reading to much into it! HELP! I need some advice.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Count me in too. I am 25.
  • imageAbc15379:
    imageAMYfromKY:

ME! 

If you ask DH he will say he succeeded.  He thinks it was all him.  Tonight he was talking about how fast his little guys are. Confused 

• imageCHELSMS06:

Im 21.5! LOL!!!! I am finished with school or will be in the summer, and my husband will be 25 in July and is dying to TTC!  I have a 16 month old step daughter.  I am ready to ttc as well but a small part of me is wondering if I am too young and maybe I only want one because he has one and my friends are all getting pregnant or just had babies.  I am a teacher, I am always around kids and I LOVE them and have always wanted a family of my own, I think i may be reading to much into it! HELP! I need some advice.

If you aren't 100% sure DON'T!  I had morning sickness from 6-12.5 weeks and if I wouldn't have wanted this baby with all my heart I would've gouged my eyes (or maybe stomach) out.

• I'll be turning 25 in June
    Twin girls born Feb 2012
    After another round of IVF, Baby #3 is on the way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Like I was super excited when DH asked if I wanted to TTC in this summer!  This is my 2nd month off BC, then we someone I work with asked me if I only wanted a baby b/c he already had one and that my best friend had her son in Oct. I didn't think so, but I am sure that is what people will think! 
  • imageCHELSMS06:

Im 21.5! LOL!!!! I am finished with school or will be in the summer, and my husband will be 25 in July and is dying to TTC!  I have a 16 month old step daughter.  I am ready to ttc as well but a small part of me is wondering if I am too young and maybe I only want one because he has one and my friends are all getting pregnant or just had babies.  I am a teacher, I am always around kids and I LOVE them and have always wanted a family of my own, I think i may be reading to much into it! HELP! I need some advice.

I think you have to answer that yourself.  I've always been a little bit ahead of my peers (getting through the party phase, finishing school, finding a real job, getting married...).  My DH is also older (29) and has had the itch since 2006 (right when we got married).  My best advice is talk it out and see what happens....GL either way!

Twin girls born Feb 2012
    After another round of IVF, Baby #3 is on the way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageAMYfromKY:
    imageCHELSMS06:

If you aren't 100% sure DON'T!  I had morning sickness from 6-12.5 weeks and if I wouldn't have wanted this baby with all my heart I would've gouged my eyes (or maybe stomach) out.

Hmm. It sounds like if you aren't sure you're ready, you should probably talk to DH and consider waiting. I would definitely want to be married for a while and make sure you are both on the same page, especially if your DH was semi-recently out of a relationship with his child's mother. That's heavy.
  • I just turned 24. DH will be 28 in July. We're definitely ready for a little one. It's tough to say if you're "too young." It just depends on your situation. One of my best friends is 21 and pregnant with her first. And she's probably more ready to be a mom in every way than anyone I know. And I know people in their 30s who shouldn't be having kids It just all depends.
  • imageCHELSMS06:

Please have a baby only when you are ready to. You both need to be on board.
  • Me! 24 in June.
    Photobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Natural mc @ 8 wks in Nov. '07, dd born 4/23/11, natural mc @ 6 wks in April '12, bfp 6/11/12...praying for a sticky baby!
  • imageCHELSMS06:
    Like I was super excited when DH asked if I wanted to TTC in this summer!  This is my 2nd month off BC, then we someone I work with asked me if I only wanted a baby b/c he already had one and that my best friend had her son in Oct. I didn't think so, but I am sure that is what people will think! 

this post has like way too much energy for me!  totally!

• If you aren't sure whether or not you are ready or what others will think you probably aren't. I would wait a while and see if your feelings change. I really think that if you are ready, you would know and not be questioning whether you are or not. Age has nothing to do with when you are ready, everyone is different. HTH.
  • imageLexi0402:
    imageCHELSMS06:

Please have a baby only when you are ready to. You both need to be on board.

This & GL

Photobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Natural mc @ 8 wks in Nov. '07, dd born 4/23/11, natural mc @ 6 wks in April '12, bfp 6/11/12...praying for a sticky baby!
  • Long long story short, he had a one night stand with a girl 3 months before we started dating, she found out she was pregnant and swore it wasn't DH and it was her boyfriend's, the boyfriend died 2 weeks before my step daughter was born and come to find out she looked just like my husband, (we were engaged @ the time) DH and babies mom dont love each other never did, things worked out, NO past relationship with her so no feelings, babies mom loves me and understands that she wasn';t ready to be a mom and that I would be a good influence in her life!  WEIRD I KNOW!!!!! But everything happens for a reason I guess!
  • Me, well I will be 21 next month and we aren't TTC until July or Aug.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageFutureMrs.Thomaston:

imageCHELSMS06:
    Like I was super excited when DH asked if I wanted to TTC in this summer!  This is my 2nd month off BC, then we someone I work with asked me if I only wanted a baby b/c he already had one and that my best friend had her son in Oct. I didn't think so, but I am sure that is what people will think! 

FMT? Sniff sniff. Is that...snark I smell???
  • imageCHELSMS06:
    Long long story short, he had a one night stand with a girl 3 months before we started dating, she found out she was pregnant and swore it wasn't DH and it was her boyfriend's, the boyfriend died 2 weeks before my step daughter was born and come to find out she looked just like my husband, (we were engaged @ the time) DH and babies mom dont love each other never did, things worked out, NO past relationship with her so no feelings, babies mom loves me and understands that she wasn';t ready to be a mom and that I would be a good influence in her life!  WEIRD I KNOW!!!!! But everything happens for a reason I guess!

I have no words for that story. None. Indifferent

• imageCHELSMS06:
    Long long story short, he had a one night stand with a girl 3 months before we started dating, she found out she was pregnant and swore it wasn't DH and it was her boyfriend's, the boyfriend died 2 weeks before my step daughter was born and come to find out she looked just like my husband, (we were engaged @ the time) DH and babies mom dont love each other never did, things worked out, NO past relationship with her so no feelings, babies mom loves me and understands that she wasn';t ready to be a mom and that I would be a good influence in her life!  WEIRD I KNOW!!!!! But everything happens for a reason I guess!

That's great he doesn't have ex-girlfriend baggage, but I think you need to think about what you want.  When I was ready to TTC I was 100% sure.  Nothing would have stopped me...unless DH didn't agree of course, but obviously he did. 

• imageFutureMrs.Thomaston:

imageCHELSMS06:

bwahahahaha, i'm sorry, didn't you used to use !!!!!! ALL the time?!?!?!?!?!?
  • imageAbc15379:
    imageFutureMrs.Thomaston:

imageCHELSMS06:

FMT? Sniff sniff. Is that...snark I smell???

it was gentle snark, Wink just a wee bit of sarcasm.

• I am 22 and DH is 23. I agree with what everyone else said about making sure both of you are really on board before TTC. Pregnancy can put a lot of stress on a couple and it's important to have a good support system in place.
  • Me! I am almost 23. DH is 25.
  • So for being new and asking for some advice from women who might be going through some of the same things I am!  Thanks to you who gave some advice.  It really helps!
  • ****So SORRY******
  • imageCHELSMS06:
    ****So SORRY******

there is an edit button. ?

• Chels- 

i am 29, so not in the age range you were looking to hear from.  :)  that said, i just wanted to offer two thoughts:

a) you shouldn't be worried about what ANYONE else thinks re: your TTC decisions.  there are always going to be people who think whatever they want to think, so don't worry about them, just worry about you and your husband and whether or not you guys feel ready.

b) my early-childhood development teacher once said something that i think is very wise "no one is EVER 100% ready to be a parent."  i think she meant two things:  firstly, if you have never done it, you can't be ready until you have.  secondly, if you understand the range and depth of the responsibility you are undertaking, to claim 100% readiness is to deny what a HUGE responsibility you are taking on.  that said:

c) considering a and b, i would just sit with yourself for a bit (not worrying about your husband or anyone else) and decide if this is what you want right now.  if you do, and your DH is still on board, go for it.

whatever happens, good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you so much!  That really really helps.  I know I am ready, I think I am just scared!  Is it normal to be scared?
  • imageCHELSMS06:
    Thank you so much!  That really really helps.  I know I am ready, I think I am just scared!  Is it normal to be scared?

i had like 20 seconds of terror when i got my BFP.  it's a healthy respect/fear of the undertaking, i think.

but, you know, after those 20 seconds i was back to being excited. if your fear is outweighing your excitement, that is something to listen to. maybe you need more time to deal with the fear if that is the case. only you can say.  

good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • it is nice to know that other women my age are in a stable enough place to ttc. we're wanting but waiting right now but may start ttc as early as December.

I'll be 22 next month.

• imageCHELSMS06:

I am....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"