1st Trimester

We have a heartbeat!!!

so we had our 10 week appointment yesterday afternoon, and let me tell you i was sooo nervous about it. and it took forever for her to find it, but she did, and it was pretty much amazing! it was at 180, so a strong and healthy heartbeat! but still no ultrasound, and she didnt mention anything about doing one at my next visit, at almost 15 weeks, anyone else not have one?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: We have a heartbeat!!!

• I told them I was unsure about my LMP date and that's when they gave me an ultrasound. I did it at my first appointment and had US done at 8 weeks. Every doctor is different but I was told to try this method and it worked for me! Good Luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Due December 16, 2012! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm not getting a US until 20 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on the heartbeat!  That is so exciting!  I think the amount/timing of U/S depends on your doctor and your condition.  Before I started having issues, my first appointment was scheduled for 10 weeks and I was not going to have an ultrasound at that appointment.  Now I haven't even had my first real appointment and have had 2 ultrasounds. 
  • I lost my ultrasound picture! I know I am already a horrible parent, and I have the scan of it, but I am hoping they will do another one so I can have that for baby's scrapbook.  We are finding out the sex, so I will have one at 20 weeks, but you know how it is to want one! 

Glad everything went well!

• I can't wait to hear the heartbeat for the first time. Just 4 more weeks! From what I've been told by the nurses at the office I will only have 1 u/s at 20 weeks.
  • I had my second ultrasound yesterday & the heartbeat was 150bpm Big Smile

It was so exciting & really made it real for both of us!

Next one will be at 12 weeks for the NT scan, which I heard is pretty cool!

• I had my first ultra sound on 3/3 and we saw the flickering heart but didnt hear it i was 7 wk 3days. So then today i had another  appointment and it was a follow up. They put the monitor on me to hear the heart bet prior to that the nurse told me sometimes you can hear it and sometimes you cant. She said because it could be too early,  im 11 wks and 3days today.  So anyway they did an abdominal ultrasound and i got to see my baby and the heart beat my obgyn said everything was good. i was a lil worried but then again i wasnt.
  • That is exciting!!! I just found out that I am pregnant last friday and I can't wait until my first appointment. I would love to have an ultrasound but I think the most I can do now is maybe hear the heartbeat too. I am so anxious to see our baby though. Smile
  • They did one at 8 weeks for me. We saw and heard the hb. That's weird they are waiting so long to do one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"