2nd Trimester
Options

shopping for a bathing suit

Any tips for shopping for a bathing suit? This is my first pregnancy and I'll be in the second half of my pregnancy this summer so I figure I'll spend the majority of the summer in my parent's pool.

?

-Melissa?

Re: shopping for a bathing suit

• Options
    My first reaction was to offer you my condolences and sympathy. I can't imagine the horror that would entail should I try and embark on that sort of wardrobe acquisition right now.
  • Options
    No tips really, but I did see a bunch of maternity suits at target last night.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    oldnavy.com has some really cute maternity suits.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The only place I have looked was Old Navy.  They had some pretty cute separates!  Nice that you will be at a private pool so you can pretty much wear whatever you feel comfortable in!!
  • Options

It all depends on what you are comfortable with...some women are proud to show off their newfound "curves" in a bikini and some choose to wear the one-peice bathing-dress...

I already have the dreaded stretch marks, so I chose a cute black tankini (I am sure the rest of the human race will be glad not to share in my "battle wounds").  I found that shopping at the Motherhood store was nice because they have the fake bellies to put on so you can gauge what things might look like with a bigger belly. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am also worried about what I am going to do this summer!! I am going to be nice and Prego all summer long and we go to Lake Erie every weekend to the in-laws boat!! I want to get a 2 piece but I know I will look like a Hippo!! Oh well we will see what happens!! GL!! Tongue Tied
  • Options

imageashkay04:
    I am also worried about what I am going to do this summer!! I am going to be nice and Prego all summer long and we go to Lake Erie every weekend to the in-laws boat!! I want to get a 2 piece but I know I will look like a Hippo!! Oh well we will see what happens!! GL!! Tongue Tied

Well, I'll be a hippo with you. I am getting a two piece too, because I am just anti- one piece suits. Espicially the ones that look like a two piece with a just a big strip of cloth down the belly connecting to two pieces. Anyone wanna search google for a pregnant gal in one of those?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i hear motherhood has a good sale going on, haven't checked it out though
  • Options

thank you guys sooo much. Living in Florida is hot enough, then add a prego belly and well I'll be lucky if ever get out of the pool. No two piece for me, but I would love to have a tankini cause I hate getting in and out of a one piece. The irony of all of this is, I'm a true Floridian, I'm white and I burn, so I've invested in spf 55 and a BIG hat. I think I'll swing by Motherhood and Target next week and see what I can find.

?

-melissa?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"