Stay at Home Moms

Do you have a housework schedule?

I'm wondering if having a schedule for housework would make it seem easier to do!  I rarely vacuum or sweep/wash the kitchen floor.  Basically, all I do is laundry and the dishes!  I feel like I should be doing more.  I work on Wed. and Thurs. so I mostly SAH.  Do you have a schedule?  What is it?  I'm a "to-do list" person, so that's why I think I need to organize the housework into a "list".
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Do you have a housework schedule?

• I do.  I do one thing a day

Sunday is laundry - I do it with DH around since we have to go through 4 loads (you would think being military we would have LESS laundry)

Monday is dusting the entire house (allergies)

Tuesday is vacumming the entire house

Wed is cleaning the bathrooms

Thursday is washing the kitchen top to bottom 

Friday is yard work.  Mostly weeding right now. 

Saturday is MY DAY to get out of the house by myself. 

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • imageIlumine:

I do.  I do one thing a day

Sunday is laundry - I do it with DH around since we have to go through 4 loads (you would think being military we would have LESS laundry)

Monday is dusting the entire house (allergies)

Tuesday is vacumming the entire house

Wed is cleaning the bathrooms

Thursday is washing the kitchen top to bottom 

Friday is yard work.  Mostly weeding right now. 

Saturday is MY DAY to get out of the house by myself. 

Understand that my DD will only sleep 30 min at a time.  So it TAKES a whole day to just vacuum a 2000 sq foot house. 

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • DAILY

Dishes/Kitchen
    Make beds
    Pick up clutter

WEEKLY

Monday - Bathrooms, Water Plants
    Tues
    - Vacuum, Errands
    Wed
    - Mop Floors, Monthly Chore (see below)
    Thur
    - Dust, Montly Chore (see below)
    Fri
    - Clean up yard/deck, weed (onLy applies in warm weather months)
           Complete any chores missed during the week
    Sat
    - Laundry (including bedding)
    Sun
    - Relax

MONTHLY

Clean Fridge
    Clean up garage
    Vacuum furniture
    Wash windows/replace air filter/water filter
    Clean up laundry room
    Wipe baseboards/vents
    Clean out any drawer in the house (junk drawer, dressers etc..)
    Clean out a cabinet (kitchen, pantry etc..)
    Wipe messes off walls / touch up paint anywhere if needed
    Clean a closet

• imageIlumine:
    imageIlumine:

Understand that my DD will only sleep 30 min at a time.  So it TAKES a whole day to just vacuum a 2000 sq foot house. 

Do you have a Baby Bjorn (or other carrier)? I used to just strap my baby to my body and it's amazing how much you can accomplish. My kids always LOVED being strapped to me while I did housework - it was very comforting and soothing for them...and a good workout for me! :)

• my kid freaks the fv*k out whenever I run the vacuum.  I can only do it when hubster is home; he takes her outside for a walk while I do it.  She has the same reaction when I use the food processor too.  Crazy kid.
  • I don't necessarily have a weekly routine, but I make sure to do three things every day (not including dishes, which have to get done every day).  So if I vacuum, do a load of laundry, and clean the upstairs bathroom one day, then I pick 3 different things the next day.  It works better for me to have more flexibility because she is an unpredictable napper, and some days are lazier than others.  But this way, everything gets done by week's end, and the weekends are free for me and my family.
    TTC #2 since 2/2010 DX PCOS BFP #1 4/1/08, DD born 12/5/08 BFP #2 2/3/12, m/c 2/14/12 BFP #3 4/27/12 EDD 12/31/12 Hoping for a sticky baby! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Minus the shed, perfect pic web
  • cp760 - you are my cleaning hero!  I can barely manage to keep our house clean and running with 1 kid, but that's amazing to do it with 3!
    TTC #2 since 2/2010 DX PCOS BFP #1 4/1/08, DD born 12/5/08 BFP #2 2/3/12, m/c 2/14/12 BFP #3 4/27/12 EDD 12/31/12 Hoping for a sticky baby! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Minus the shed, perfect pic web
  • imagedrunkenwife:
    my kid freaks the fv*k out whenever I run the vacuum.  I can only do it when hubster is home; he takes her outside for a walk while I do it.  She has the same reaction when I use the food processor too.  Crazy kid.

I have the same problem with the vacuum.

I don't have a schedule.  DH and I do the daily stuff: dishes, sweeping, de-cluttering, etc in the morning, and we do the big stuff on the weekends.  I try to do a load of laundry here and there.  Our place is only 900 square feet, so it doesn't take very long to clean :)

• imagecooperl788:
    cp760 - you are my cleaning hero!  I can barely manage to keep our house clean and running with 1 kid, but that's amazing to do it with 3!

Well, I never claimed to actually stick with it. lol. I try my best, but I'm still working on getting myself fully trained to stay on schedule. I'm better than I used to be, but I haven't perfected it yet. I still often live in CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). :)

• I have a schedule that I follow.  I'm totally a "list" person too, so it works for me!  I find that doing my daily chores helps keep the house in order and ready for company even when I can't get my other tasks done.  I also try to always go to bed with the kitchen sink empty.

Daily Chores: Vacuum floors, Quick-clean Bathrooms, Wipe down Kitchen Counter, Load/Unload Dishwasher, Wash CDs

Monday: Detail Clean Kitchen, Wash Colors

Tuesday: Detail Clean Bathrooms,Wash DDs Clothes, Wash Whites

Wednesday: Dust, Vacuum Furniture, Mop, Wash DHs Work Clothes

Thursday: Grocery Shopping Day, Wash DDs Blankets

Friday: Paperwork, Change Sheets, Wash Towels, Catch-up Day

Saturday: Outdoor Work, Projects, Family Time

Sunday: Busy at Church, Only do my Daily Chores

• imagecp760:

imagecooperl788:
    cp760 - you are my cleaning hero!  I can barely manage to keep our house clean and running with 1 kid, but that's amazing to do it with 3!

Well, I never claimed to actually stick with it. lol. I try my best, but I'm still working on getting myself fully trained to stay on schedule. I'm better than I used to be, but I haven't perfected it yet. I still often live in CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome). :)

i too have a cleaning crush on you.  bravo  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • wow, do people really vacuum and scrub the bathroom every week?  i'm more like once a month for those...  but baby isn't here yet.  does the presence of a baby really up those to every week?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"