1st Trimester

I don't feel like telling my boss

that I'm knocked up again.

I'm not nervous...I've already done it before.  & he already knows because my coworker let it slip, but he's pretending he doesn't because I haven't told him.  I just don't want to have to trudge up there, smile, ask for a moment of his time, & tell him once more that once more, my husband & I did the dirty sans protection & made a wee child for my ute.

Yeah, I take it to that awkward stage in my mind.

Re: I don't feel like telling my boss

• I really can't stand it when people act like they don't know when they do.  I have people that know I am pregnant because other people told them, yet they arent going to say anything until I tell them...well Im not telling them and when they eventually ask why I never told them, my response will be you already knew.
  • It is kind of a weird thing to say, huh? It's like: Hi I had sex.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh - I'm telling my boss after the u/s on Thursday...simply because my mom told my whole fam already and word is spreading to my friends back home, and with Facebook - if I don't tell him soon, he'll find out that way.

Booo.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I told me two male bosses yesterday and I was amazed at their postive reaction!  It was ackward at first, but then one of them asked if I knew I was pregnant....umm, yes since Jan.30th.  They then both offered me either ice cream of pickles through the day!  They are both smart asses but you gotta love em!  Good luck Blair, I hope everything goes well for you!   BTW, how are you feeling, I read your blog last week or the week before and I saw you were really sick!  Hope you are feeling better!
  • I feel ya. I had to do it yesterday. I just sent her a little email "Do you have a couple minutes this afternoon?" so she knew I actually had something important to say and wouldn't have 3 other people in her office at the time.

Then I told her she could tell anyone else she wanted to so I didn't have to. She did agree that it is kind of an awkward thing to tell people "Uh, hi. I just wanted to um, let you know that I'm pregnant. Thats all. Bye." :) But she has a big mouth and was really excited to go spread the news.

Good Luck!

• I'm feeling MUCH better, Abby!  thanks for asking :)  I caught some bug that's going around, but things are finally calming down even on the m/s front.
  • My boss doesnt know and i know shes going to be pissed when she finds out.  THere are only 3 of us here in the office , I work at a small travel agency and she has been relying on me for everything for the past 10 years.  She even hates it when Im sick so Im really scared.  Im in Canada too so I can take a year off.....thats going to push her right over the edge.  Shes been a real biotch lately so I dont feel bad about it at all.......is that horrible of me??
    Mother to a beautiful boy born Nov 18, 2009. Feb 2011 m/c Blighted Ovum at 5 wks 4 days July 2011 m/c at 5 weeks 3 days Sep 13 2011 BFP BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't feel like telling also.  I've never liked being the center of attention and I'm dreading my co-workers coming up to me about being the 4th pregnant lady in the department.  People have been cracking jokes about 'something in the water' because the claims department seems to be fertile this year.  Me adding to the mix is just going to fuel that flame.
  • Its funny how we all more or less freak out at the idea of telling our boss... You can always wait a bit longer - I'm sure he'll understand your reason for not being too eager to spread the news this time around.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • hahaha! Blair, I think the same way! I was actually really nervous to tell my parents for this exact reason, especially my dad! I just kept thinking to myself "my dad now knows for sure that I had unprotected sex"! So embarrassing!!?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageTeamRey:
    I really can't stand it when people act like they don't know when they do.  I have people that know I am pregnant because other people told them, yet they arent going to say anything until I tell them...well Im not telling them and when they eventually ask why I never told them, my response will be you already knew.

See, I am the opposite.  Until my husband or I tell you, you are not on official notice so you should STFU.  :)  I think those people are totally right - if you wanted to talk to them about being pg, you would have told them. 

• I did not tell my boss until I was about 25 wks with my first pregnancy.  I worked independently and never saw him and I guess my clients never mentioned it to him either.  I just felt so odd about it...he's seriously 83 years old and I was the only female that worked for him...he had no idea what to do...he asked me every day if I was ok to keep working.
  • I dont feel like telling my boss either. She could possibly already know. She came up to me a few weeks ago in front of me and my close co-worker that already knows im pregant and said "do you have a little secret." I said no.........but i will eventually have to tell her formally, but for now i dont feel like telling them anything.
  • I feel super awkward too, asking for time off is so touchy with the economy and all.  And on top of that, having to walk up to someone and say "oh, hey, i'm knocked up. :)"  is... strange to say the least!
  • imagejennabee13:

Ugh - I'm telling my boss after the u/s on Thursday...simply because my mom told my whole fam already and word is spreading to my friends back home, and with Facebook - if I don't tell him soon, he'll find out that way.

Booo.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejennabee13:

Ugh - I'm telling my boss after the u/s on Thursday...simply because my mom told my whole fam already and word is spreading to my friends back home, and with Facebook - if I don't tell him soon, he'll find out that way.

Booo.

I made my Facebook wall and status private just so the news is not blasted across it...

I told my boss, no problem... I have not told my supervisor and I feel weird doing it...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I told my boss today. I wasn't really ready to, but I have felt like poo yesterday and today, so I thought it was best just to go ahead and tell her.  She took it better than I thought.  I haven't told our big boss yet, but I know he won't care because him and I had discussed it in the past about me working from home.  He said fam comes first, so I know he will be happy.
  • I'm rolling my eyes at you. He already KNOWS; the hard part is done. Catch him in the hallway and say, "so you know I'm pregnant right? Just checking."

Be a grown-up about this. I know you can do it!

• I can see how that would be awkward! Particularly with a male boss.

I'm a little nervous to tell my boss... we're close and I know she'll be happy for me, but I work on touring theater shows and it's going to be tough for me to be out for a chunk of time. We'll make it work, but I do go back and forth between waiting until a "safe" time (12 weeks) or telling sooner so we have more time to create a plan for when I'm out.

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"