Baby Names

our list needs some fresh ideas

Found out today we're having a girl! we have a few names picked out but we feel like we want some fresh ideas. Any suggestions based on our list?

Aurora (Rory) (DH says it sounds like a stripper)

Alessandra (Aly is ok. Don't love the nn sandra)

Cecelia (CeCe)

Iris

Ivy

Sabrina

Scarlett

Serena (my fave but DH is just so-so on it)

Violet* (This one we both like, but we're worried it will get too popular)

Re: our list needs some fresh ideas

• Congrats!  Not sure if these are even close to what you would consider... 

Lydia

Teaghan

Lillian

Maribel or Mirabelle

Adelynn

• Thanks for the suggestions! I love Lillian and love love Lily, but we have two dogs Lola and Leo, I feel like that would be too much. My sister says that's a stupid reason not to use a name I love but I don't know.

I also love Mirabelle from your suggestions

• Loading the player...
  • Victoria

Kaytlynn

We named our daughter Emmalee (pronounced Emily)

• imagehersheykiss:

Victoria

Kaytlynn

We named our daughter Emmalee (pronounced Emily)

I have also seen Emmaleigh. 

• I really like the name Violet, it's pretty!
  • Look at the posts below: "Girl name desperately needed" and "Tell me your girl names that I've never heard before" (or something like that).  Lots of really good, not-too-common suggestions.
  • Thanks for the suggestions!
  • I actually love all of your names.  Non are too crazy, YouNique, or plain weird Smile  I say stop while the stopping is good.

Violet is still far off from becoming trendy.  If you love it I would totally go that one.

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • LMS05LMS05 member
    I love Violet. Sabrina and Serena are pretty too. The others are nms.?
  • First, I love your names. Actually, we have gone back and forth on two middle names that are on your list. Our girl name is Marianna ________ Rose. We were at Marianna Aurora Rose, but I also love Allessandra. And my mother's name is Sandra, and she has a very aggressive cancer.

Other names I love: Julianna, Gwendolyn, Katarina, Thalia, Mellissande (I could never really use it, I just love it), Juliette, Margaretta, Daphne, and Anastasia.

• I vote Violet and Serena. Violet's not too popular, yet.
    image DD and I. DD: 6/22/2008. DS: 6/22/2013
  • imageLoriFalce:

First, I love your names. Actually, we have gone back and forth on two middle names that are on your list. Our girl name is Marianna ________ Rose. We were at Marianna Aurora Rose, but I also love Allessandra. And my mother's name is Sandra, and she has a very aggressive cancer.

Other names I love: Julianna, Gwendolyn, Katarina, Thalia, Mellissande (I could never really use it, I just love it), Juliette, Margaretta, Daphne, and Anastasia.

I love Gwendolyn! It was my grandma's mn, she was Jennie Gwendolyn. It's different but not bad different.?

image DD and I. DD: 6/22/2008. DS: 6/22/2013
  • I like Violet and don't think it's too popular.
    Oy with the poodles already!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Priscilla?
    Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.
  • Congratulations!

I kep seeing the same popular suggestions over and over (Charlotte, Ella, etc...) so I sorta want something different too just not all that unusual.

These are some that I like that I don't think are overly popular

Megan

Sara

Chloe <--this I can't use but I think it is so pretty!

Marren (I just like the sound of it even though it is different)

Evelyn or Evie (I actually want the name "Ever" but I know there is no way my DH will go for that)

Ellen or Elena

• LOVE Cecelia, and nn Cece. I also like Sabrina a lot.

Some others that I think of as similar are: Carina/Karina, Delia, Serena, Fiona, Mariana, Lila, Lily, Liliana, Alisa, Marcela.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love Cecelia, that is also on my list.  I also really like Violet, and I don't think I see that getting TOO popular.  How about Savannah?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I don't think Violet is going to get super popular. Are you associating the popularity with Private Practice and the boom of Addison?

Also I hate Rory. I know a man with that name and think it is uncomfortable to pronounce so I never say it out loud.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"