Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Weight. Ugh

I am so disgusted with the way my body is now and how 'soft' my tummy feels. I was never in the best shape before but the feel now is totally different and not the most attractive. I have crazy stretch marks all over and I just want to do something about it. I have been eating really healthy and attempting to get exercise in when I can but I can't lose any weight. SO I get into this rut of not caring and eating what I want then I get mad again and start working on it again and don't see results. It is like I can't stick with the healthy lifestyle long because it is so frustrating. I work 40 hours a week and when I am off I just want to be with my baby so it rules out being at the gym, but that is where I need to be to lose weight. I bought the 30 day shred which is such a great workout but at 11 at night when I get everything done for the next day I don't want to do it and I already get up at 5:30 to get ready for work ect. I am so upset frustrated and mad about it all.

Re: Weight. Ugh

• I'd recommend WW.  I've lost almost 50 of the 63 lbs I gained with DS.  Unfortunately I'm no help with the excercise thing as I find it hard to find time while working full time but I've been looking into getting some DVDs that are workouts with your baby as the weight resistance (excercise for you, play for baby).

good luck!  and if you find a secret to removing those stretch marks, fill me in (I look like a red zebra).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • go easy on yourself - you had a c-section so right there your body is still healing. ?can you get up in the morning to work out instead? ?might be tough at first but i know its hard to workout late at night plus it hurts your sleeping habits. ?or try taking a walk on your lunch break? ?something's better than nothing? ?good luck! ?you'll do great!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, ditto. I think you are in the same boat as most new moms.  I was up to running about 36 miles a week before I got pregnant.  I gained about 25 pounds, which isn't bad, but oddly I expected it to just be gone when I gave birth.  No such luck.  I can't stand that I can't go to the gym.   I can barely even go for a walk, because I have her all the time and she's too young to take out.  I am in the house all day, and I hate home workouts.  Nothing fits.  I haven't been this heavy since college.  I hate it.  HAte hate hate it. 

But, eh.  WHo cares.  She's absofreakinlutely beautiful so it's more than worth it.  Plus, you know, it takes about a year to lose baby weight.  Sometimes longer.  You just have to be patient.  I  know it's hard.  Believe me.

• i feel the same way. i feel totally frustrated.  i had a csection too and i can't even really go at it hardcore for another three weeks because my dr. feels i haven't healed enough yet.  it is totally frustrating.  everytime i look in the mirror i get mad. so im gonna take my anger out on my workouts when i can go again!  im gonna do 30 day shred also. 

but after i get mad at myself and my appearance, i look at DS and just think how perfect and wonderful he is.  and i also think it will be a motivator for me to work out- to stay strong and healthy for my family. 

• Don't feel bad I am also struggling with weight loss.  I have lost 20lbs since having DD (all of that within the first few weeks) which puts me at my prepregnancy weight which I am happy about.  I still can't fit into my clothes however and was overweight prior to getting pregnant so I started WW about two weeks ago.  I have only lost 2.2 lbs in two weeks of eating exactly what I am suppose to and exercising.  I am use to losing weight really fast and now my body just doesn't seem to respond to anything.  I know it is that my hormones are messed up but it is frustrated to try your hardest and still not be able to lose weight.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Incorporate DS into your exercise.  Probably the most obvious suggestion would be to put him in the stroller as soon as you get home and go for a 20-30 minute walk.  It will be good for both of you. 
  • I hear ya. I'm in the same boat. Because my incision from the c-section isn't closed all the way yet, I'm not allowed to exercise, drive, do copious amounts of activity (including housework, ugh is it messy in here...) or lift anything heavier than my son. It is frustrating to WANT to exercise and not have the energy/time, all while being disgusted by your own image. Just think, it took 9 months to put the weight on, it's going to take AT LEAST that to get it off.

Good luck and stay motivated!! Little spurts of exercise add up too! Besides, our babies love us no matter what we look like :D

• I know! I had this great plan to work out 3-5x / week after baby. Yeah, that's not happening. Glad I didn't pay for a gym.

I really want to exercise more, but like you, I work FT outside the home, so by the time I get home there's limited time with my family. I'm not going to spend that time at the gym.

I also recommend WW. I've done it in the past. This time around I'm doing NutriSystem. So far, so good.I gained 49 lbs during the pregnancy, and I only have 10 left to lose.

• I'm with you on the soft tummy thing. Ick. I should do some ab workouts to try to get a little firmer, but I'm like you in wanting to hang out with the kiddo after work, and then get ready for the next day and crash after he goes to bed.

If it makes you feel better, I was stuck with about 10 pounds that wouldn't come off after DS, and then right around the 3 month mark they just came off all of the sudden. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"