2nd Trimester

I wanted to introduce myself....

I've posted a couple times before. Even commented on a couple of posts from you ladies.

I'm nearing the end of my 2nd trimester and have recently just discovered the bump and all it's greatness. I know you ladies have already developed a close circle and rapport with each other, but I'd like to be apart of your circle of pregnancy advice and comments.

I hope to get to know all of you more over the next few weeks. I hope I can be apart of your circle.

-Thanks for reading.

Re: I wanted to introduce myself....

• Oh I guess I should have put my name! DUH!!!

Pregnancy brain fart!

My name is Sally and I'm 28 yrs old. I'm prego with my first.

• Welcome to the board!  Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi and welcome! There are some wonderful ladies on here, but please don't take many things to heart that are said on here. There can be some nasty things said that might not go over very well with certain individuals, but as long as you have a sense of humor and thick skin, you will be fine around here! Also, "prego" is a no-no around here. If you lurk a little bit, you will learn fast what is acceptable and what is not. Good luck, Congrats and Welcome!!
  • Welcome to the boards, my best advice is to lurk for a bit to see how things work around here. He!! I lurked for a few years before I even started posting regularly lol.
  • Thanks for the advice! I won't use that term anymore.

I can handle anything you throw at me. I've read some posts about women who really know nothing about their bodies.

(i.e. the woman who thought she could get re-pregnant) ::giggles::

Maybe you ladies could clear up some things for me...

Like what does DH, DD, DS mean? most of them I've managed to figure out but I'm still stuck on a couple.

• imagesallysands1:

Thanks for the advice! I won't use that term anymore.

I can handle anything you throw at me. I've read some posts about women who really know nothing about their bodies.

(i.e. the woman who thought she could get re-pregnant) ::giggles::

Maybe you ladies could clear up some things for me...

Like what does DH, DD, DS mean? most of them I've managed to figure out but I'm still stuck on a couple.

Welcome... DH = Darling Husband (some women use SO = Significant Other or MH = My Husband) DD = Darling Daughter, DS = Darling Son. Hope that helps! 

• This will help a lot!

https://talk.thenestbaby.com/boards/glossary.html

DH = Dear Husband

DD = Dear Daughter

DS = Dear Son

• imagebridgetbeard:
    Welcome to the boards, my best advice is to lurk for a bit to see how things work around here. He!! I lurked for a few years before I even started posting regularly lol.

I love your comments bridget!!! Wink

• Welcome! I'm new myself and never really introduced myself (I'm Danielle btw, I'm 23 I'm an RN and this is my first baby)

What's the big deal with prego? just curious

• imagedreamerdani:

Welcome! I'm new myself and never really introduced myself (I'm Danielle btw, I'm 23 I'm an RN and this is my first baby)

We just dont like it. Sounds stupid to me personally. Just spell out pregnant... Not many more letters and avoids trouble

• Welcome and congrats!  But be warned...this website is addicting, even if you don't post much.
  • oh I'm already addicted.
  • imagebmcquien:
    imagedreamerdani:

Welcome! I'm new myself and never really introduced myself (I'm Danielle btw, I'm 23 I'm an RN and this is my first baby)

We just dont like it. Sounds stupid to me personally. Just spell out pregnant... Not many more letters and avoids trouble

Either that or you can abbreviate pregnant to pg. That's ok too.
  • imagedreamerdani:

Some ppl. will say we are not a spaghetti sauce and I would avoid the term "preggers" as well, doesn't fly well over here.

• imageENMRH:
    Welcome and congrats!  But be warned...this website is addicting, even if you don't post much.

soooo true. i'm a newbie myself (both to the bump and pregnancy!), but i can't help myself! this site is awesome, and these ladies are rad. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • prego= mmmmm spaghetti!
  • Honestly, I still don't know wtf the big deal is with prego.  It's like how some people don't like those siggies with the pics of actual fetuses that they claim look like "aliens."  Who cares? I don't even give two shiits about lurking.  Just ask meaningful questions, give thoughtful answers and realize that there are two types of people on this board:

1.  The ones who use the board to pass time and start drama.
    2.  The ones who are actually looking for support and answers to their questions.

You can quickly decipher from posts who is who.  I'm a little of both.

Hope that helps.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"