2nd Trimester

I finally called someone out when they called me fat!!!

Yesterday a loud, outgoing, speak her mind kind of lady (a co-worker) was walking down the hall behind me and goes "oh mama! I see where you're filling out!" and grabs my sides in my back (another words, I'm not as skinny from behind). So I said super sweet "aw, thanks! I'll make sure to start pointing out where you're gaing unnecessary weight too! Big Smile" and she was like "no, I was just saying....no matter how big you get you'll still always be skinnier than all of us" (she's a bigger woman) and I said "telling someone they're gaining wieght whether they're pregnant or not is always rude but since you're ok with it, I'll just start pointing out your weight gain too from now on :) " By that time, we were in the HR office and the girls in there (who are my friends and know how I feel about it) were just sitting there with their jaws dropped that I was saying that! HAHAHA!!! Who's calling who fat now Biatch!?!

Re: I finally called someone out when they called me fat!!!

• ::applause:: good job! I bet you felt great too! Congrats!
  • That is awesome.... Way to go!Yes
  • Loading the player...
  • I say good for you! People are so clueless to pregnant women that it makes you wonder sometimes who raised them and why do they think that it's ok?
  • Some people just don't think!
  • You're my hero. That's awesome!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
  • Stick out tongue LOL!

First off why did you wait a whole day to tell us this?!?! Second this is GREAT!!! And third can you come to my office and tell off a few peeps for me???

• Haha, good for you!  When are people going to realize that comments about weight gain, regardless of pregnant or not, are not tolerable?  It just seems like it is a free for all especially when you're pregnant.  And to touch you like that on top of it?  I am glad you said something back at her!
  • ((standing ovation)) :::applause:::

I'm amazed at your courage and wit!  Way to go! 

• That's awesome!! I just hope I have the guts to say something like that if I'm ever in the situation!
  • Haha, I love this! Making the rude people feel just as uncomfortable as they make you feel with their lame comments.

One of my male co-workers (young, brash, cocky) asked me how much weight I'd gained today. I nearly fell out of my chair. Luckily a senior male manager who happened to be in the room b!tch-slapped him for me and told him that if he wanted to live through his 20's he should NEVER ask that question of any woman every again in his life (including his future wife). It was awesome.

• GOOD. FOR. YOU!! Love it.
  • Good for you!!!!!!!
  • Well done!!
  • ::tear:: i am so proud of you. let me buy you an e-martini for that.Drinks
  • ha!...that was great!!

i wanna be like you when i grow up

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You are definitely my hero for the day! That's awesome!
  • that is the best story today!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageRizzo5:

Stick out tongue LOL!

First off why did you wait a whole day to tell us this?!?! Second this is GREAT!!! And third can you come to my office and tell off a few peeps for me???

It happened just before I left work yesterday (the only time I bump is at work) and I didn't have time to post before going home. And I'd love to come to your work to tell everyone!

It all started two weeks ago when someone told me my face was getting fat. I was so shocked that she said it my jaw just dropped and I was speechless - I couldn't fathom that she was seriously telling me that muchless what words to respond with.... So I got all fired up after that and decided what I'd say to the next person who mentioned weight gain in somewhere other than my belly. And I did it! Without a beat I was just waiting for her to finish her rude comment so that I could fire back with mine! It was AWESOME!!! Cool  And I told her so sweetly, it made it even better of a stab! :)

• KUDOS TO YOU! You handled that very well.  I hate jealous people. At my school I had people just waiting for me to gain weight while I am pregnant so they could gossip about it and so far I am over 6 months and all belly...SO THANKS FOR WISHIN BITCHES looks like god is ignornig them! hahahh PROUD OF YOU!

• keep kicking ass and taking names!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
    3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
    IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
    IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
    My IF Blog: Between the Lines
    My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama
  • imagejr_er@hotmail.com:
    that is the best story today!

I agree!

Good Job!!?

• You are my hero!  That must have felt so good to stand up to her like that!!!
  • I love you man! I'm gonna have to keep that one tucked away for future use!  You're my hero.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"