2nd Trimester

Who else isn't finding out?

Just curious who else on here will not be finding out the sex of the baby prior to birth. There have been a lot of posts lately announcing boys and girls, I am starting to feel like the only one that doesn't want to find out ahead of time.

Re: Who else isn't finding out?

• We aren't/didn't find out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm to much of a planner not to.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I don't want to, but DH does... :-(  So I gave in as long as we keep the names secret.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am on Team Green.  I like the surpise but I swear I saw that I am having a boy when I went to my u/s. 

You are new to the board- gender announcing the very common on here.

• I had my big ultrasound two weeks ago and was adamant about not knowing the gender. It was weird knowing the tech knew, but myself and DH didn't.

I like keeping the surprise going until the end of the pregnancy.

• Seconding KLD's...

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

• We are not finding out (hoping the peanut cooperates) I have had to have a lot of ultrasounds & the tech has almost slipped the last two times! I have a few more to go still, hopefully the baby can be modest! We are really looking forward to the surprise, however I am really struggling with the nursery!
  • ::raises hand::
  • If I wasn't such a control freak/planner I would wait to find out.  There are very few "true surprises" in life, and I feel like this is one of them.... that being said... I still plan on finding out (I'm just weird like that though)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We aren't finding out either!!!!
  • I am ! I cant wait.

• lkichlkich member
    I'm not finding out either! My sister just found out she's having a boy and now wants me to find out too but my hubby and I would rather be surprised.
  • I'm quite the planner too so EVERYONE has been surprised when I say we are not finding out. We won't share names with anyone either. I don't want any negative comments if someone doesn't like what we pick. I have had several friends recently that did not find out what they were having and did not share names and it was so awesome to get the call after the baby was born. I love the surprise aspect of it.

• We aren't finding out this time around.  DH had to know with DD...he's a planner/engineer.  I agreed, but we figured this would be our last baby..so I really want that element of suprise (I'm the type of person that doesn't even want to know my Xmas presents ahead of time)!  I'm not against anyone that does find out...I'm just excited about waiting this time.
  • I'm a proud team green member.  It was difficult to keep my eyes shut during your last u/s, but I am glad we decided to keep it a surprise.
  • We wanted to find out...but the baby kept its legs closed.  We've had plenty of suggestions one way or another, but we're open to the surprise now...kinda makes picking names difficult though!
  • EANEAN member
    We are not!  And we found out the sex of our DD :)
  • I'm a planner too and on team green. The two are mutually exclusive for everyone who likes to say 'I'm a planner so I have to find out'. I'm planning for this child AND future children who may or may not be the same sex as this baby. You don't need to find out the sex of your child to plan for it.
  • My husband and I are not finding out the sex either. It is really funny how many people are giving us a tough time about not finding out. ?It is amazing how people just don't understand. ??

• Our Munchkin will be a surprise, I can't wait to see him or her!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • We are not finding out either.  It does feel like waiting until delivery is very unpopular these days!  I had always planned on letting it be a surprise but it is harder than I thought.  The nursery design, etc. is challenging without knowing but I think for me (personally) it will be worth the surprise at the end!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Everyone is very shocked that my dd and I do not want to know, we are awaiting the BIG surprise at the end. Of course dad must know and everyone expects him to tell them, rofl, but I don't see that happening, too much chance they'd accidentally let me in on it. I plan to take an envelope and a paper with check boxes for the tech, dd and I will look the other way while they try to figure it out! Then I can let him open it later if he really must. Of course I have time till I have to worry about being spoiled, being only 13 weeks.

• We are finding out- I figure it's either a surprise at the ultrasound or a surprise at the birth and for me, I'm sure there will be puh-lenty of surprises at the birth lol.... this is just my opinion but I feel like I can really bond more with the baby if we can call it by name before-hand.

But good luck to you all- I hope you don't accidentally find out at your US but that I DO!!! 

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• imageSWBs Wifey:
    I don't want to, but DH does... :-(  

Same here.  I love the idea of an old fashioned surprised.  But DH is really upset about calling the baby "it".  (I just randomly alternate between "he" and "she" when talking about Baby Bean, but that's not good enough for DH.)

He also thinks that knowing the sex will some how magically resolve our name deadlock.  Sigh.

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • We are not finding out.  I actually had an amnio a couple of weeks ago & could have found out for sure, but decided not to.  We are excited for the surprise.
  • I think we figured out the nursery debate while walking through BRU the other day. We have not found any neutral bedding that we really like but we found a boys and a girls that we like, both of which have some tan/brown coloring in them so we plan to register for both and paint the room a neutral color and then go with the appropriate one when the baby is born.

• we were not going to find out. and now that my big u/s is scheduled DH is totally changing his mind on me. one day he says no i dont want to know i will wait with you, then he says yes i do want to know...its scheduled for april 6th so we'll see what happens or how many times he will change his mind by then =

we have already told the whole family that we are not finding out and i was really looking forward to having my surprise baby.

• I'm not finding out.  People are always like "good for you!" when I tell them.  Then most of them say "I could never do it."  ha.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We tried to find out but baby wouldn't show the goods. We had the option to do another ultrasound but it wasn't medically necessary and we aren't into "vanity" procedures. So, we decided we'd just be surprised!

I'm actually a big planner and was upset at first, but now really feel at peace with the decision. I'm still planning everything - it's all just neutral, and it's stopped me from buying a ton of baby clothes that we won't need anyway :-) Plus we get the big surprise at the end of labor!

• I'm team green too! :)
  • imagemonlyn9:
    I'm quite the planner too so EVERYONE has been surprised when I say we are not finding out. We won't share names with anyone either. 

ditto!

• we just had our big u/s today and we looked away when she went to the legs. surprise for us!
  • Smile me

i want the *surprise*!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We aren't finding out either!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"