Austin Babies

What does your toddler/kid sleep in?

Abby sleeps footed sleeper. Cotton in the summer, fleece in the winter. On top of that, a fleece Halo sleep sack. She's about to outgrow the last of the "bag" sleep sacks. Without it, she tends to get her legs stuck and we returned the mesh bumper because it didn't help. We have the additional problem that she does not keep on socks unless there are shoes over them.

I will not use a free floating blanket. It wouldn't work at her age anyway.

So what to y'all use!? I know Halo makes a walking type cover but I think she'd remove her socks. Hmmm... I guess I could sew socks onto them =)

ETA: We are thinking about trying not to use footed sleepers going into summer for potty training =)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: What does your toddler/kid sleep in?

• footed sleeers :)  if we use pj's without feet attached she always takes her socks off before falling asleep.

she does have a blanket that we cover her with to fall asleep but once she starts moving around in the middle of the night its gone for good.  we haven't used an additional layer (sleep sack, etc) since probably 10 months and she has done fine, but we have a bumper so the arms/legs getting stuck isn't an issue.

good luck!

• Daniel sleeps in footed jammies (like Abby, fleece in the winter and cotton in the summer), and we put a blanket on him. ?He usually squirms out from under the blanket, but he and his bunny get tucked in every night anyway. ?It's part of his bedtime routine.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Footed pj's here too.  Fleece in the winter, cotton in the summer.  We have not used a sleep sack since she started being able to crawl/pull up...so around 6 months.  I have always felt like she'd get all tangled/twisted in it once she started being able to move around! 

In the winter, we keep the heat at 72 degrees at night and in the summer we keep the A/C at 76 at night.  She has done fine without any additional blanket/covers.  Like mollie though, we use a bumper so don't have the leg/arm issue either. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • What Rhett wears would work for some of your problems, but not all (and they make them in toddler sizes). I never could decide that I liked zipper sleepers, so when he outgrew the snap sleepers we moved him to the carter's two piece outfits with snaps. The long sleeved ones have footies, but the short sleeved don't. I really prefer for him to have long sleeves anyway since we run the AC in the summer, so we just always buy the footed. He pulls his socks off too. They would work better for potty training because you could just tuck the shirt in instead of snapping, but it wouldn't solve your problem with the feet getting stuck.
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• I always put Jakob in two piece pajamas, but he'd strip in the night and just be in his underwear.

I don't even try anymore, he just goes to bed in his undies.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTXAggieBride06:

Here is a 2-piece PJ set that is footed.  It is fleece but I'm sure SOMEONE has to sell a cotton version!

https://www.landsend.com/pp/AngelFleeceFootedPajamaSet~173449_1185.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::ICK&CM_MERCH=IDX_00004__0000000469

I wonder if they're sold out of  Toddler. It goes straight from 18m to "big girl"

Two piece footies! I'll have to keep my eyes out, good idea.

• Jack is in footed pjs and a sleep sack. He can walk in his Halo- he looks like Maggie Simpson. We keep our house very cool at night in the winter months, so just pjs wouldn't be enough.

Ditto Kim on the snap waist pjs from carters. I think, once you get to a certain size, all of the footed are snap waisted...I'm not completely sure on that, though.

• Regular pjs and a blanket.  I don't worry too much about her feet.  Our house is warm and she isn't getting that cold at night.  She keeps the blanket on about half the night. 
  • imagemcurban:

Jack is in footed pjs and a sleep sack. He can walk in his Halo- he looks like Maggie Simpson. We keep our house very cool at night in the winter months, so just pjs wouldn't be enough.

I'm impressed by how mobile Abby is in the crib in her sack =) We keep it somewhere in the middle in our house but her room tends to be cooler.

• What if you used a walking cover on top of the footie pj's? Her feet would still be covered by the footies that way.
  • imagemcurban:

Ditto Kim on the snap waist pjs from carters. I think, once you get to a certain size, all of the footed are snap waisted...I'm not completely sure on that, though.

I 3rd the footed 2 piece PJs from Carter's. That is what Abby wore when she was your Abby's age. 

We did not use a sleep sack or anything by that age, but would this work?

• imageabbysmom1005:

We did not use a sleep sack or anything by that age, but would this work?

That is the one I'm mentioning above but looking at it again gave me an idea. I can sew the damn footies shut on that =) Then she can't take her socks off BUT we still have the flexibility of 2 piece jammies (footie or not). Sweeeeet. Problem solved. Thank nesties!

BTW - the snap PJ's may definitely come in handy as DD likes to take her clothes off and even the zip PJ's are no match for her, but at least the snaps would buy us time =)

• We use the Halo sacks with feet in them like you mentioned. and our toddle leaves her socks alone, but we put them under the material at the ankle. We wouldn't have bedtime without it! i think they call them early walkers and we just ordered some in the lightweight mesh and they are going to be PERDFECT for us in summer. i bet your little one will leave the socks alone! ;) good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"