3rd Trimester

Hospital Check List

Does anyone have a good hospital check list of what to bring?  There are different ones on-line but wondering if anyone has one they like a lot.

Thanks

Re: Hospital Check List

• Since this is not my first baby, let me share some suggestions with you. First pack extra underwear. Second pack extra nursing bra or nursing shirts. And lastly, make sure you bring extra batteries for the camera and a special "going home" outfit for baby. Everything else is up to you. I just didn't pack enough of the first three and wish I had!!!

P.S. Also make sure you have comfy pants that stretch. You will not be seeing your old favorite pair of jeans for at least a month!!

• i liked the one i got from pampers.com and babyzone.com.

• Loading the player...
  • imagehollyjohn:

Since this is not my first baby, let me share some suggestions with you. First pack extra underwear. Second pack extra nursing bra or nursing shirts. And lastly, make sure you bring extra batteries for the camera and a special "going home" outfit for baby. Everything else is up to you. I just didn't pack enough of the first three and wish I had!!!

P.S. Also make sure you have comfy pants that stretch. You will not be seeing your old favorite pair of jeans for at least a month!!

Thanks! It is nice to hear from someone who experienced this first hand already. I am definately adding comfy pants to my checklist!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Other must-haves from a been-there-done-that:

*Toiletries. I didn't bring any soap or shampoo because I thought the hospital provided them. Nope.

*Gatorade. I was SO thirsty after delivering.?

*I left panties at home. The mesh ones were amazing. Esp if you get stitches, you're not going to want anything rubbing down there. You'll be living in mesh panties and ice packs the first few days or week.

*Baby book. The nurses can put baby's footprints in it for you.

*Charger for your cell phone and laptop

*Boppy or nursing pillow?

• I've never seen this one on a list, but at our childbirth class last night our instructor recommended that we bring a roll or two of soft toilet paper because the hospital stuff is rough and scratchy, especially if you have an episiotomy. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageflutenewt:
    I've never seen this one on a list, but at our childbirth class last night our instructor recommended that we bring a roll or two of soft toilet paper because the hospital stuff is rough and scratchy, especially if you have an episiotomy.?

You won't be using toilet paper! You'll get a squirt bottle. Trust me, MUCH better.?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"