3rd Trimester

Too many Baby Showers??

I am

very blessed and I am having 4 showers thrown in my honor. (Work, My side of the family, DH side of the family in another state, and a friend shower)

I was emailing a friend today to get her address and she commented that I am having too many showers. :(

I didn't ask for them to be thrown!

Thoughts?

Re: Too many Baby Showers??

• Too many posts...
  • No, just TOO MANY DUP POSTS!

How many freakin' baby showers did you have??????

• Loading the player...
  • Maybe she REALLY wants to know!

Wink Don't worry it happens to the best of us.

• I wouldn't invite the same ppl to all my showers, if I was having more than one. Maybe just immidiate family.
  • image*Caress*:
    I wouldn't invite the same ppl to all my showers, if I was having more than one. Maybe just immidiate family.

Ditto this

• I also had 4 baby showers but I didn't invite anyone to more than one shower. Are you inviting your friend to all of the showers?
  • imageMattresMuffin69:
    Too many posts...

HA

My thoughts exactly.

• No duplicate invites for people are going out. That is why I thought it was odd that she was telling me i'm having too many! I guess she just thinks i'm greedy!
  • Is this friend hosting one of the showers?  If she is, she might be feeling overwhelmed and trying to back out of it.

I had 4, but none of the guests were invited to the other ones. 

• I also had 4 showers but none of the people were invited to more than one shower except for our parents.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Im having 3 and no one is duplicated. Don't worry - - it just means your loved and everyone wants to give you a shower. 

*** delete some posts *** 

• She's just jelous.  You're not being greedy, but instead the opposite.  You are making it more convenient for others.  I'm greedy.  I just wanted one for family and friends, whether in state or not.  If you can't make it, send a gift.  JK.  I will be having a work one seperate, but only because I am not as close to all the people at work enough to invite them to my mothers.  Just my 2 bf's at work were invited there.

• I think this is fine.  We tried to have one big shower inviting my fam, DH fam, work, and friends.....and it turned out to be a huge disaster.  I sat there the whole time opening gifts, and didnt get to visit with anyone.  There were also too many people there at one time to even try and visit, i was exhausted and had a huge headache after it was all over.  Enjoy your four showers, and tell your friend to be one and mind her own business. :) 

• too many posts but not necessarily too many shower IMO.

depends on where you live, where you lived, conveinence and size.

i had to have three because otherwise we wouldve invited 130 people to one which was obsurd and 40 to another.

someone is probably jealous. as long as you only invite each person to one (other than the mom's) i think its fine.

• I'm having 3, but none of the guests overlap so I think it's fine. 

Oh- I should say, except for my mom, DH's mom, and my sister- no other guests overlap.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"