1st Trimester

XP: For those who haven't had your big U/S yet.

Which I realize is all of you on this board Wink

The doctor that did ours gave us a great suggestion that I thought I'd pass on. I've posted this before, so please forgive me if you've already read it. I figured there are lots of new girls who might benefit.

Anyway... He suggested that when we got home after the U/S (and shopping of course, we all know that's mandatory) we each take a few minutes to sit down and write a letter to baby. He suggested that we talk about how the U/S went, how we felt, what we saw, what our reaction was to learning the sex, who we called afterwords with the news, what their reaction was, etc. DH and I both did this, and I'm SO glad we did. DH's letter made me cry. I just think it'll be a really cool thing to give to baby when he gets big, or when he's expecting his first baby. I think I'll write another one closer to his due date.

Just thought you might want to do the same...

image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G

Re: XP: For those who haven't had your big U/S yet.

• That is really a sweet idea. It sounds like you have a nice doctor.
  • That's really sweet that he suggested that!  I've written two already.  One the night we got our FOR SURE BFP... and one the night after DH deployed again.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • SWB- I really wish I'd written one right after the BFP. That's a great suggestion to give new girls on here. They will thank you for it. :)
    image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
  • What a wonderful idea!  Thanks for passing that along.
  • great idea! That's one page that's left blank in DD baby book and I can't go back really and do it now. I wish I would have sooner...
  • This is a great idea! I'm keeping a pg journal, but we're having DH write a letter to Cosmo at the end of every month doing this exact kind of thing--what we did that month to prepare, what milestones were reached, what's going on in DH's head, etc. I think it will make such a wonderful keepsake!
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • What a wonderful idea. I love it.

I'd love to write the baby a letter (or many!) at some point... but for some reason I can't bring myself to do it until we see a heartbeat.

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like this idea.  I have another suggestion.  I have 2 boys already and each year right after their b-day, I write them a letter.  I just talk about things they did throughout the year and important things that went on with our family and how much they mean to me.  I then put a picture of them from that b-day in an envelope with the letter and write what year it is from and put it in our fireproof safe.  I figure I will give it to them when they turn 18. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagemanyquestions:
    I like this idea.  I have another suggestion.  I have 2 boys already and each year right after their b-day, I write them a letter.  I just talk about things they did throughout the year and important things that went on with our family and how much they mean to me.  I then put a picture of them from that b-day in an envelope with the letter and write what year it is from and put it in our fireproof safe.  I figure I will give it to them when they turn 18. 

That is so cute! I love this idea.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • That is a really good idea!! We're definitely doing this.
  • Thats a good idea. I never would have thought to do that. My first ultra sound is on the 30th of this month. I plan on putting the first US pic in a frame....its corny but looking at it everyday will help me realize more and more that a baby is growing and getting bigger every day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"