3rd Trimester

Has anyone else's DH heard the heartbeat?

I can't remember where I read it (a book, website? I can't remember!) but after 34 weeks or so, (maybe earlier? Really, I have a terrible memory!) the baby's heartbeat can be heard without a dopplar! DH loves laying his head on my belly at night and hearing her heartbeat! I love that I get to feel her all day, but I have to say that I'm jealous that I can't hear it.

He just puts his ear right where the doctor always finds the h/b and he can hear it. I love it!

Charlotte Elizabeth - March 15, 2009
Natalie Kate - October 4, 2011
Blighted ovum, d&c at 9w, July 2012
Blighted ovum, d&c at 10w, September 2013
BFP May 28, EDD February 4, 2015

Re: Has anyone else's DH heard the heartbeat?

• Yeah mine can, too! I am also a bit jealous, but then again I get to hear it every 2 weeks now.

My doctor also suggested putting a rolled up piece of paper, like in a cone shape and put that up against your belly and they can hear it, too. Obviously you can't do this yourself, but its' another trick for others to hear it.

• My Dh could feel the heartbeat yesterday. It was so strong too and definitely not mine!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh really? DH told me he thought he heard it, but i shrugged it off and was like, no, that was probley just me Embarrassed Very cool.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH has tried a couple times to listen to the heartbeat through my belly, but we haven't had any success yet. DH just hears my heartbeat. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • aww. im only 31 weeks and still cant hear it like that yet. But i have a stethescope next to my bed that we use to find it and listen to it. [my mom used to be a perimedic]
  • DH tried once around 25 weeks w/o any luck. Last night baby had her back sticking out and I told DH to try again. He's heard it in the DR's office so knew what to listen for and he heard it w/o a problem. I think it is a very cool thing for DHs to be able to do at least one thing with baby that "we can't."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My DH has tried but hasn't been successful yet at hearing it through my belly. He did manage to get kicked in the face once while trying which provided a good laugh!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mine can. He loves it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"