Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Always overwhelmed

I constantly feel overwhelmed. I can never seem to get my house clean all the way (or to stay clean), I try to get my work done (I WAH) but can't seem to, I know there are tons of things I could do once baby is napping (laundry, dishes, work, shower, cook) but seem to be paralyzed by indecision.

Does anyone else feel this way? Is it jsut part of being a new mom? Or could it something more, like PPD?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Always overwhelmed

• Options
    "paralyzed by indecision" could probably best describe the last three and a half months of my life! lol. It seems that once I had DS my very decisive personality flew out the window.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am totally with you. I run my own business from home so once DD is napping, I run around the house like a tornado alternating between housework and business work. I have yet to find time to do something like clean the bathroom - all I can do is pick-up, wash a load of clothes or attempt to make an easy dinner.

"Paralyzed by indecision" is a great way to describe me once she gets to sleep. Yet, here I am on the nest.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have started feeling this way too. I have also been very short tempered and I am blaming the lack of sleep, but I can't seem to get anything accomplished and the littlest things seem to set me off. Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You certainly aren't alone--I feel that way on an almost daily basis!  However, I don't think it would hurt anything to talk to your doctor about your feelings.

• Options

I feel overwhelmed all the time too. I was hoping it would go away in a few weeks, but it looks like I have a few months to go! -le sigh- I go to school online and work at home also, and I am definitely not as productive as I am used to being. Housework is practically non existant.

We'll get it all figured out soon. :)

• Options
    imageleslienpete:

"Paralyzed by indecision" is a great way to describe me once she gets to sleep. Yet, here I am on the nest.

Yep, me too. I think..."I'll just sit down for a second until I decide what to do," and then all of a sudden--he's awake and all I've done is Nest and check my email!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"