1st Trimester

How many babies do you want to have?

I have one with my ex husband and BF and I are talking 4 more.  I'm kinda hoping I get a set of twins!  There are a few sets on my mom's side of the family, however, my mom wasn't a twin and she didn't have any so not sure of my chances. Sad  Sure would be nice to get those 4 babies in only 2 or 3 pregnancies!  hahaha

Re: How many babies do you want to have?

• roxyuroxyu member
    I want 3, DH wants 2...we'll see if we change our minds after the first one!

photo b56c04be-4eeb-442e-afb5-397708ea1118.jpg

• 3-4, but DH wants 2-3, so at 2 we'll discuss again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • at least 4- but we'll adopt. i double i'll be able to go through 4 or more IVF's
  • 3, I'm currently pg with #2 and am already talking about #3...husband says let's just get through this one first. 
  • Yikes....4 more!!  Due to my age and anxiety level after 2 prior losses I'll be quite happy with this one, although my DH would love to have 2.....I guess we shall see how it all plays out.  If I didn't have to worry about age I would want two!!
  • 2.  And if my first pregnancy had been as rough as this one has been, the answer would be 1.  I will be getting my tubes tied with my c-section this time.

• Soap1Soap1 member

If I could afford it, I'd have 7.  Seriously, if I had the space and money to send 7 kids to college, I'd DEFINITELY have me a Weasley clan. :)

As it is, we'll probably have 2 or 3 (I want 3, he wants 2).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I already have one SD, so 2-3 of our own (but I think four total might be more than we can handle).  But definately two together so we'll reevaluate after that.

But if we end up with three girls, you better beelive he'll go until he has a boy!

• Well this is my first and I definitely want at least 2. My boyfriend already has 2 so that would bring his total to 4. I think 2 may be our number.
  • imagejennandjt:
    Yikes....4 more!!  Due to my age and anxiety level after 2 prior losses I'll be quite happy with this one, although my DH would love to have 2.....I guess we shall see how it all plays out.  If I didn't have to worry about age I would want two!!

I sort of know what you mean about age.  I'm currently 32 and will be 33 when I have #2.  Tho that's not "old" in baby-making years, I will be having babies at ages older than I ever thought.  We're planning them close together...about a year to year and a half apart. 

• Two

• I want 3, he wants 2. But if we have 2 girls, I am sure he will try for a boy. On his dads side of the family, he is the only boy among 7 female cousins. He has that whole "need to continue the family name" thing on his shoulders.
  • Two... After we see how that's going, then maybe we'll talk about number three.
  • Honestly, I wanted 4, until I had DD (super colicky, didn't sleep more then 30 minutes at a time for the first 3 months, still waking every 2 hours at 9 months, first 3-4 months cried ALL the time unless she was sleeping/nursing...) I really don't know if I can do that 3 more times!

DH has always wanted 2. I think we'll see how it goes w/ 2 and then possibly have a 3rd. I'm leaning more towards 3.. I think I'll feel like 2 isn't enough, won't feel "complete" with a family of just 2 kids, if that makes any sense, because I've always dreamt of having a large-ish family..

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • At this point, I will be happy with one.

Our original plan was 3, though.

2 girls and a dog
  • imageDMBMamma:
    I want 3, he wants 2. But if we have 2 girls, I am sure he will try for a boy. On his dads side of the family, he is the only boy among 7 female cousins. He has that whole "need to continue the family name" thing on his shoulders.

hahaha...that's pretty funny.  "no pressure son but uh, we need you to have at least one son to carry on the family name..." lol

My BF's mom had 2 boys and her other son has 2 boys.  She's THRILLED over my daughter and hoping we have some girls!  It's alot of fun raising a girl baby cuz everything is so sweet and cute but I'd love to have a couple boys.  Maybe we can manage 2 boys and 2 girls.  lol  If only you could choose....truth is tho, I'll just be happy if they are healthy regardless of their gender.

• I'd like a variety pack (lol), but for now all I can focus on is getting through this pregnancy.  I'm slightly worried about my age (will be 35 at time of delivery) so I suppose we'll see what the future holds...
  • imageroxyu:

Exactly this (although we both know we want more than one).

• Soon I'll have 3....I'd like 1 more after that--may or may not be adopted.  So 4 total at this point.  I did want even more but we are doing private schools & we just can't afford it for that many kids even when I go back to work.
    AKA Carol*Brady! IHO my upcoming 10yr Nestiversary--Back to old screenname. My own Marsha, Jan & Cindy... imageDesigning a Life Blog
  • Most likely 3, but we will reevaluate after this baby. I really don't think I'll feel like I'm done after 2, though.
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • we've agreed on 3 but i would love more

Dx PCOS 09/08 2000mg Met
    TTC #1 from 05/08-02/09 BFP 02/26/09
    DD Born 11/11/09
    Suprise Baby #2 on the way! EDD 8/16/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • I think we will most likely end up with a total of 3 though we have talked 4.  We'll see how number 2 is first though!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So I'm the only person here good with ONE kid?
  • At this point in time I am just hoping to give my DD a sibling.
    Alyssa born 6/14/05 at 8 lbs 2oz - Ashley born 3/27/10 at 6 lbs 13oz
    We had 2 years of IF trying to conceive #2 and one loss during that time. We are currently trying for #3! had another loss the end of June
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageroxyu:
    Ditto this.
    border=
    DD 10/31/09 - BFP 3/22/11 M/C confirmed 4/9/11 at 8w4d - BFP 10/5/11 EDD 06/16/11 BabyFruit Tickerimageimageimage

*Vote on our Baby names*
  • If we could afford it, 4.  DH wants 3, I want 2... we shall see....
  • I want 2, DH wants three...
  • Two.  Of course we were planning to have them a little farther apart but mother nature decided otherwise. :) 

• yaleyale member
    2, tops.
  • 3 has always stuck out in my mind and hubby knows it is "my number" but we will see how #2 goes. I would love a little bit bigger of a house if I do go for #3.
  • We're thinking 4, but that could change!
  • I want 5 DH wants 4 well see how it goes.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • 4!
  • We both would be perfectly gleaming with five kids :)
  • We're thinking 3, but since this is our first it'll probably give us a little more insight once their born!
    DD #1 4 years old (09/22/09)
    DD #2 2 years old (08/17/11)
    DD #3 born 08/29/13

• I say 2 right now, but that may change after this is all over who knows. Twins would be good to get it all done in one shot! lol....but they don't run in my family so it won't happen!

And to the OP, sometimes they say twins skip a generation so maybe since your mom didn't there's a bigger chance you will!

GL!

• 5-7.  Probably have 3 or 4 myself and then adopt. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"