Babies: 0 - 3 Months

ibuprofen for 5.5 mo old?

DD has a virus. I took her to urgent care, with a fever. They were about to close and the doc couldn't stop looking at his watch. He said to give her tylenol or ibuprofen, our choice. My fact sheet from the pedi says not until 6 months. Has anyone given it to DC sooner than 6 mos? Does 2 weeks really make that big of a difference? I don't feel like the tylenol is working, but the doc seemed distracted to me.

Re: ibuprofen for 5.5 mo old?

• IMO 2 weeks wont make a difference.
  • Why did you go to urgent care and not call your pedi first?  Pedi told us to always call him 24/7, never go to a hospital (non-children's hospital) or urgent care because he said there are no pediatricians there and the doctors there have no idea how to treat babies.  I have only given DS Tylenol so far.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I did call pedi first. They said she needs to be seen, because of her age and the fever. But, they had no open appts, since it was 6 pm, and sent me to urgent care. Believe me, not my first choice.
  • Wow 6 pm and they wouldn't see you... I would look for a new pedi.  But in any case, I think a couple weeks wouldn't matter much in trying the ibuprofen. Good luck.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • My pedi will often rec alternating?Tylenol?and Motrin - except for after shots (only Tylenol). ?If you are worried, stick with Tylenol until you can verify with your regular pedi.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"