2nd Trimester

what is the craziest name you have ever heard?

I was at the store and heard a mom say (I think this is how you would spell it not sure how it would be pronounced though) jacameliah.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: what is the craziest name you have ever heard?

• Oh I know of one....  "La-a"..... pronounced "La-dash-uh"
  • I work with kids and I have had a couple of different names. ..

Tequila

Champagne

Genesis

Just to name a few. ..

baby pregnancy
  • Loading the player...
  • River, why people, why?
  • imageFutureHardings:
    Oh I know of one....  "La-a"..... pronounced "La-dash-uh"

i was just going to post that!  i know a young girl by that name...

• imageFutureHardings:

almost like this but it's AL-A (aldasha)

• I have a friend whose niece is named Misery. Misery. Why in the world would a parent name their child Misery!?!?How terrible!
  • I was doing W-2's for a company and came across "Vonker". EEK!
  • imageJCM083009:
    I was doing W-2's for a company and came across "Vonker". EEK!

Vonker what the hell were those parents thinking?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Misery those parents must have been druk when they named her!  My DH was telling me he say on the news someone named their boys winner and loser?????/
  • I worked in a library for a while and came across a few....

Hoosier

Indiana

Harley Davidson (i hate it when parents do that!!)

One guy came in one day with all the court papers saying that he had legally changed his name to 'Bunny Rabbit" ?!?!?!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • From the same post with A-ah last night was the one Shaw-theed, spelled S-H-I-T-H-E-A-D.  Are you kidding me?  I respect Middle Eastern culture (my husband is Persian) but come on now.

My husband's name is Arash for which he was notoriously made fun of until he changed it to Adam.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dagordreya

Yaa'Desire Zaa'Diamondz

(No lie. I see these kids daily.)

ETA: Twins named Mary Juana and Kokane graduated from the school where I teach in like '98. Also, I had a studetn named Cesarean.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
    After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • I knew a girl named Turna Round!!Indifferent
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • A friend of mine had a student whose name was Gonorrhea.  It was pronounced Gha-NOR-ea.  He always joked around about how he thought the mom picked out the name.  Said she was probably half-illiterate and sitting in the waiting room at the OB looking at STD pamphlets.  Saw the name, didn't know what it was and thought What a beautiful name for my baby.

OH yeah, BTW we are in redneck South Georgia so that probably is how it happened!!

• Not to crazy- but I had a Blaze last year- with a wicked 80's mullet. Every time I called on him I thought of cheesy romance novels.
  • La-a and Ah-a have to top the list for what you guys have put out there.I have never heard anything like that!

I have heard some of these before and think there are a few that are urban legends.  My SIL does amnio's in a lab and came across a Prinzesdiane.

Um, yeah. The Bump be too crazy for pics of my kid.
  • I work in a WIC office and I see crazy names all the time!!! I know some twin boys with the name, Wolfgang and Hajer like the liquor!!  I died!

But what really kills me is when parents take simple names like Emily and change the spelling to Emmaleigh!!  TRUE STORY!!!!

• not that this is a competition -- but I can beat all of these!  My BFF was adopted by her aunt/uncle from her very hippie parents.  Her name on her birth certificate was:

Nananananayohamushmaramorningdovehorsefeathers Twinkle "Lastnamehere"

so you can read and say her first name:

nanana nana yoha mushmara morningdove horsefeathers

Now she is Mary.  And she loves that name -- she jokes her parents now found the most boring name to try to compensate for her first one.  ha-ha

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My favorites are the names of places.  I know an England, Paris and Alaska.  We always wondered if they were named where they were conceived?!
  • This one isn't too too crazy, but it's still kinda funny. I knew a girl in high school who's last name was Benz and her first name was Mercedes. That's right.
  • imageheatherlane:

La-a and Ah-a have to top the list for what you guys have put out there.I have never heard anything like that!

I have heard some of these before and think there are a few that are urban legends.  My SIL does amnio's in a lab and came across a Prinzesdiane.

Not so much urban legends as they are commonly used in urban cities... My SIL is an RN in a hospital in the city.... She's seen many of the "dash" names usually in certain cultures.

The weirdest name I've heard is Sir Duncan. Yep.

• I work in a school and I kid you not there is a little boy who's name is Nacho ~ like nacho cheese....
  • Easy.  And the parents (who we know) had picked the name regardless of whether the baby ended up male or female.  THANK GOD it turned out to be a boy.

One day I called an organic nursery (for plants), and the woman on the phone told me her name was River, last name Moon.  That means that sometimes her name looks like Moon, River.

Yikes!

• Marijuana Pepsicola?

I went to college with her. There was actually a an article on her in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel today. ?

?

?

• Oh goodness people! My boyfriends mother used to be a nicu nurse and she has told me about some crazy ones. Like Vagina pronounced Va-GEE-na and I read an aticle about a girl that lives in my town named Damya. I just wonder what people are thinking about when they pick these names.
    Alison Clay Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Galen for a boy, just don't like it at all.
  • I worked in HR/Payroll and these are some I saw, however they are a bit more normal than others...

Jolly Pickle (he was an older man too...)

Crystal Ball

A guy that worked for us with the last name Powell added his kid, Major to his health insurance- Major Powell.  Poor Kid. 

Donald Duck- he was an older man, older than the cartoon!

Robert Roberts- some people called him Bob Bob. 

Amanda Janda (I bet she couldn't wait to get married!)

I also worked with kids as a youth pastor- Misbrytnii   when I first heard her mom call her that, I thought she was Britney- Miss Britney.

• imageFutureHardings:

LOL my mom was just telling me about that the other day... FI and I came up with a whole list of "punctuation inspired" names LOL

• imageliddia:

One guy came in one day with all the court papers saying that he had legally changed his name to 'Bunny Rabbit" ?!?!?!

A guy at my work legally changed his name to Mister Oh-la-la   Indifferent

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • imageaspade:

Easy.  And the parents (who we know) had picked the name regardless of whether the baby ended up male or female.  THANK GOD it turned out to be a boy.

One day I called an organic nursery (for plants), and the woman on the phone told me her name was River, last name Moon.  That means that sometimes her name looks like Moon, River.

Yikes!

My best friends nephew is named River Rock. Of course, they are part of her Indian tribe, so it works.

• I used to be a receptionist at a real estate agency.  We had a client who's first name was Semen.
  • This girl that graduated from my school last year...

her name is Rainbow Bubbles Arnold

• My GP's first name is Wolfgang, but he goes by Dr. W, William (last name).....
  • a teacher friend taught a student named female. pronounced fah-MAHL-ee. the student said her mom had another name picked out, but when she looked at the birth certificate, the name "female" was already checked off. <sigh>

distant second - a student in my school named ya'highness. <sigh again>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"