Babies: 0 - 3 Months

dh is such a baby about getting up

Since DH works the deal is supposed to be I get up with the baby Sun-Thu at night and he takes Fri and Sat nights. He's such a baby and has such a hard time getting up, I end up getting up with the baby because a) he's been crying for a while (not long, just longer than I like to make him wait) or b) if he does get up he is so not awake, I tell him to go back to bed because I don't trust him with the baby. This seriously annoys the crap out of me.

Re: dh is such a baby about getting up

• At least you had a deal, I tried couldnt take it so took over during nights, plus i BF so I dont mind taking over. DH is such a heavy sleeper it scares me if he had to get up with her
  • My DH is bad about getting up too. He acts like he gets up with DS and tell everyone how tired he is. Now on weekends I just make him wake up and sit with me during the feeding.

W (02/2009), N (08/2012), and C (04/2014)
  • Loading the player...
  • My DH is the same way. I return to work on Monday, so we will see how things go from there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I EP so I get up in the middle of the night to pump so when it's "his turn" I wait to pump till Adam gets up then I get monitor his sleepiness and make sure he does what needs to get done and Adam is safe. Anddd I make a huge commotion when I get back in bed, it's wrong of me, but makes me feel better!
  • imageJAWMIN:
    My DH is bad about getting up too. He acts like he gets up with DS and tell everyone how tired he is. Now on weekends I just make him wake up and sit with me during the feeding.

LOL, I love it! MH always mentions how he will never get to sleep late again...come on...at 30, you shouldn't be sleeping til 11am on the weekends anyway!

Jen, married 09.07.07
    Sydney, born 11.26.08
  • this happens at my house too...fun times.
  • MH always mentions how he will never get to sleep late again...come on...at 30, you shouldn't be sleeping til 11am on the weekends anyway

ding, ding, ding!!  except my SO is over 30 and has had yeeeeeeeears to lay around sleeping in and taking naps.

• My DH was the same way in the beginning until I had a meltdown and gave him a guilt trip ( I had pp high bp and was supposed to take it easy).  Yeah so I just told him he would be doing it all if he let me go back to hospital.  Magically he started waking up pretty alert, interesting huh?Devil  I recommend guilt trips lol
  • until my hubs broke his leg a month and a half ago, we alternated nights.  I didn't realize I had it so lucky!  I can't wait till he can walk again! I'm exhausted and now in my 1st trimester!! lol

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Mya Justine 9.29.08 - Brynna Claire 10.15.09

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I hear ya. The hubs nudges me in the arm and groans "the baby's awake." I'm a sahm so I don't mind being the only one that gets up at night and always feed/change/bathe/etc the baby. The part that bugs me is that the hubs crabs to other people that I "sleep all day" (I try to nap when the baby is sleeping) and that he takes care of the baby more than I do. *rolls eyes*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"