2nd Trimester

help- anyone have a cold ???

i am dying... sore throat, stuffy/runny nose, headaches.   So far I have had tylenol and OJ, I have my monthly appt tues so will suffer until then when i can ask my dr. about medicines,  but was wondering if anyone on here had a cold and did anything that worked

thanks

EDD with #4  01-20-14
Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

Re: help- anyone have a cold ???

• When I was sick (2X, awesome) my midwife suggested taking lots of echinacea and drinking 4 or 5 "emergen-C" packets per day. I was better in 2 days. I couldn't believe it. I thought for sure I'd be sick for a week or two.

It's worth a shot. :)

image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
  • Didn't your Dr. give you a list of safe meds?

Some one my list that might help your cold: 

Sudafed (this one is questionable it seems though)

Mucinex

Tylenol Cold and Sinus (I'd take this)

Cough drops and throat lozenges

• Loading the player...
  • I was sick the entire month of February with colds.... wait maybe it was Jan AND Feb.

Hot water with a half a lemon squeezed into it and all the pulp from the half scraped out into the water, two table spoons of honey was seriously what got me through it.

The key is to drink it as hot as you can stand. Helps with the phlegm and to relieve the congestion.?

• try using a neti pot for your congestion. they work great!

and i've heard sudafed and tylenol as well

• Sorry I don't have any suggestions but I do hope you feel better soon!!!!
  • thanks ladies-  fortunatly rite aid is down the block so i am going to go raid it for some of these suggestions
    EDD with #4  01-20-14
    Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

• I do hope that you feel well.  From getting the flu, I heard the complete run down from the doctor, and my pharmacist... 

We can only take A, and B grade medicines.  Some C meds are OK, but they have only been tested on first trimester patients.  D and X grade cannot be taken at all.  

Guaifenesin is fine to take (that is like mucinex but not mucinex D (don't take that), or Mucinex DM.  Finally, if you really need to take something to stop the coughing, you can take the cough suppressant Dextromethorphan is in Robitussin (which is what most Doctors say is OK), but it is a grade C drug, so only take it if you need it.

Hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"