Toddlers: 24 Months+

Help....DD not eating

anyone else have problems with their 2-3 year old not eating well. some days she pigs out but yesterday all she ate was 2 waffles in the morning and then basically nothing the rest of the day. this worries me. is this normal? she acts fine and energetic but she seems so small anyway.

Re: Help....DD not eating

• totally normal in my opinion. she'll eat when she's hungry. sometimes aidan eats a huge lunch, then no dinner. or a big dinner then won't be hungry til afternoon the next day. just offer - if she declines, then no biggie. she'll be hungry later.
  • DS has been doing that since he turned 1 and started eating table food all the time. Some days he eats all day and then other days he may only eat one meal or little bits each time. It is normal...I asked my pedi about it and he said it was fine. They will eat when they are hungry.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagepunkfiction:
    totally normal in my opinion. she'll eat when she's hungry. sometimes aidan eats a huge lunch, then no dinner. or a big dinner then won't be hungry til afternoon the next day. just offer - if she declines, then no biggie. she'll be hungry later.

Ditto.  Absolutely the same thing that goes on around here. 

• DD has never been a good eater.  It's honestly the most frustrating thing we deal with on a regular basis.  Everyone reminds me though that toddlers do not need to eat nearly the amount of food we think they do.  Their little bodies will not starve and they will eat the amount of food they need to eat to keep them from going hungry.  I try and tell myself this when I get frustrated about it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"