3rd Trimester
Options

Contractions?!

I'm so sick of being pregnant (due date's 15 days away) that I'm starting to think everything is a sign of impending labor.  Wishful thinking, I know.  I'm wondering what a contraction feels like internally as well as to the touch?  I haven't noticed any Braxton Hicks contractions (I don't think), and I've read the typical "your stomach will get really hard" response, but I'm still confused.  Sometimes it seems to get hard, but I'm not sure if it's a contraction or just the baby... I hate all of this guesswork!  I have had menstrual-like cramps and back aches on and off for over a week now, but I'm not really sure what's going on sometimes.

Re: Contractions?!

• Options
    It's probably BH. My OB says a lot of people mistake BH contractions for baby movement. I haven't had any though since my whole uterus doesn't get hard and I can actually see the babies kicks and they aren't rhythmic or anything.
  • Options
    Mine felt like very painful menstral cramps that were coming in regular intervals. ?I couldn't sleep through them because they hurt so much.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know how you fell I am 17 days away and dont know what anything is supposed to be like either. I have herd its like menstral cramps? My hipps feel like they may fall off and sleep is hopeless! I am so excited for my son to be here that I keep thinking every thing is labor. I want him to come when he is good and ready but I might need a wheel chair till then....lol The worst part is my feet are huge and my cankles have cakles! I cant even take maternity leave till my due date! So im stuck working! I just try to think of it as eventhough it feels like its taking forever, soon my whole life will change and i should enjoy my alone time with myself and my husband. GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND HANG IN THERE!
  • Options
    Your not alone. I feel the same way. I guess as I keep reading and seeing, we'll know when it time and labor has really began.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"