3rd Trimester

What does bad chicken taste like??

I know this sounds like a really odd question so I'll explain. A co worker ordered chinese take out from a place I'd never eaten from befor and gave me a chicken finger. Well I ate it and thought to myself that's different a little on the tangy side. So I asked my co worker if that's how they always taste and she looked at me funny.

So now I'm trying to figure out if maybe the chicken was bad and I should try to get it out befor I get food poisoning or just wait and see what happens.

Re: What does bad chicken taste like??

• How much of it did you eat?
  • Did she think it tasted funny?  Why would you eat chicken fingers from a chinese place?  If you didn't eat much, you should be ok.
  • Loading the player...
  • If you only ate a bite or two, and it is actually bad, you'll probably just get some diarrhea and maybe some nausea/vomiting. You might not even get that...
  • Maybe it was the batter they fry it in?

In all honesty, I've never eaten bad chicken. The small of it is usually enough to knock me off of my feet and I throw it away.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If she said that's how it always tastes, I wouldn't worry. I don't think bad chicken necessarily tastes bad once cooked, unless it was super rotten, in which case it would have smelled terrible when it was raw and in turn, they probably (hopefully) would not have used it.

I wouldn't induce vomitting if I were you, it's unlikely that it was bad. It may have just been the way it was prepared or something.

• I ate one 3inch long chicken finger(like a batter dipped chicken tender), my co worker said her's tasted normal and that it wasn't tangy at all. I wasn't sure if bad chicken had a definate funky taste to it, I've never had an issue with it.
  • imagefunmaker:
      Why would you eat chicken fingers from a chinese place? 

Why not, they're good.

• imageSMADDOX47:

imagefunmaker:
      Why would you eat chicken fingers from a chinese place? 

Why not, they're good.

I just think of chicken fingers as american fast food and chinese would be chicken lo mein or something like that... I've just never had chicken fingers from a chinese place.  i'm sure they're fine!  it's like getting chicken stir fry from wendy's, sort of....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"