Babies on the Brain

How do you wait?!

I'm new, my husband and I just started TTC.  I feel like we may have been successful this month (showing some symptoms and is dunno.. I just feel pregnant, ya know?) but i am still at least 4 days out from AF, so i'm testing negative... I know i should wait till I'm supposed to start my period to test.. But I am having so much trouble making myself wait! How do you guys do this every month? lol

Re: How do you wait?!

• I usually give into temptation and then am?disappointed. ?I am no help.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I try to keep distracted.  It usually doesn't work.  If you don't have enough HCG to produce a positive test, you don't have enough for symptoms, either.
  • Loading the player...
  • For your own sake I hope you get KTFU quickly.  It's just your first cycle ttc, yes?  It could take a couple with out any issues up to a year to conceive.  Each cycle does not get easier, I imagine it gets harder.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I will be of no help because I'm a POAS aholic. I even use OPK's around 8, 9 DPO just to see if it'll pick up a line. Then I use HPT 12 dpo and on. 

like i said.. i'm nooo help...:-)

• I learned pretty early that I hate hate hate! seeing BFNs. ?So it's easy to wait when you don't want to see a negative test.
  • Try to think of something else.  I know its hard, but if you keep yourself busy, then hopefully you can keep your mind off of it.  2ww's are HARD!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageverylittlemoney:
    I'm new,

I stopped reading after "I'm new." You were were a few days ago with a purple labia.

https://community.thenestbaby.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/11246520.aspx?MsdVisit=1

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrs_Liberto:

imageverylittlemoney:
    I'm new,

I stopped reading after "I'm new." You were were a few days ago with a purple labia.

Thanks, Lib. I thought I was the only one who recognized the sn.
    border=
    DD 10/31/09 - BFP 3/22/11 M/C confirmed 4/9/11 at 8w4d - BFP 10/5/11 EDD 06/16/11 BabyFruit Tickerimageimageimage

*Vote on our Baby names*
  • imageMrs_Liberto:

imageverylittlemoney:
    I'm new,

LOL.. oh jeezzus, I remember this....

::face palm::

• And you never did explain the entire, me, she he are not using any other protection deal either.  I am curious about this. 
    Not sure what direction we are headed. Either way, I am up for the ride.
  • It's the purple labia girl!

LMAO.  If this teaches you anything, it's that BOTB has a loooonnnggg memory.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imagekdodge423:
    imageMrs_Liberto:

imageverylittlemoney:
    I'm new,

Jeebus, how did I miss out on this fun?

I was just wondering this same thing. 

• Just try staying distracted....that's the only thing that works.  Taking a break from thebump probably helps too because when you get on here ALL you can think about is gp.  Let me know how everything goes! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • I am waiting too. . . 5 days left before testing!!! It's not easy but I figure I HAVE to wait if I want to get accurate result.
  • imagefloridabride07:
    I am waiting too. . . 5 days left before testing!!! It's not easy but I figure I HAVE to wait if I want to get accurate result.

Methinks you need a new ticker.

• Hahahaha Lib, that pic is scary and very very sparkly.
  • I am absolutely horrible at waiting... but BFNs don't bother me too much... not right now at least... ?I just ordered 20 PG tests for $17 to at least keep the cost down - good luck!!?
  • ::Bats eyelashes:: I found the puppies and rainbows picture yesterday and I think it was Isha who said all I needed was the glitter. Well, there ya go! :)
  • What happened to "I'll be sure not to come back" ...they ALWAYS effin come back. ::headdesk::

"great guys, thanks for being so nice and welcoming to the honestly worried MARRIED girl, who IS ON BIRTH CONTROL and just doens't know what is going on with her body.. I'll be sure and not come back to this board... my enitre cervix is not open enough to stick my finger in, just the opening is very soft and i can stick the pad of my finger in it. But obviously you guys are a tight nit group not accepting new people very well, so i'll wait till i can get into my OB office on monday......"

What's more amazing is this original was what a week ago?? and now its a totally different story.

• Okay...so I really am new.  My DH and I have been ttc for 15 months.  Just finished up the first round of testing and get the results tomorrow.  Just looking for some support...My husband tries, but he jst thinks I'm crazy.  first two weeks waiting to o...then the next two waiting to poas.  Okay, I never make it the 2ww to poas...so I really wanna know what's helped you with the wait?? =)  Thanks
  •  

Yeah - I had just updated it but it's weird. The first day of my last period was Jan. 18, I entered 34 days in cycle, but I am supposed to wait 18 consecutive days from my thermal shift before testing. I am on day 13 now, but, for some reason, the ticker is already starting the next cycle Tongue Tied

• You're not alone, not many people can wait.  Go buy out the dollar store, girl! This way, you can test whenever you want and it won't cost much. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker M/C #1 - BFP 12/28/2008. Confirmed m/c at 6wks - blighted ovum on 1/9/2009. M/C #2 - BFP 6/16/2009. Confirmed m/c at 7wks - blighted ovum on 7/1/2009.
  • Hello ladies!!!!!!

Well, no need to wait any longer. I tested today after 17 consecutive days of high temps during my luteal phase. It is POSITIVE!!!!!! aHHHH. I can't believe it!! On my first cycle of charting and trying Big Smile! I totally thought it was going to take months and months of trying to get pregnant, being that I am so irregular in my periods. so for those that are irregular and are still trying. There is hope!!

My husband is so hesitant to get his hopes up that he is still someone skeptic about the test results from the pregnancy test kit and suggested to test again to make sure. hahaha. so I am scheduling an appointment with my GYN/OBY to see her asap. Definetely exciting times. Smile

I wanted to share the news with. . .someone. That always feels good. I want to get tested by the doctor before I share the news with my mom.

• I don't think you should wait at all. Go to your nearest drug store and buy two boxes of each of the major brands. You'll satisfy your need to POAS obsessively because that dark purple labia is an iron clad symptom of early pregnancy AND you'll stimulate the economy. Win-win.
  • My aching head...
    2 girls and a dog
  • Wait...so you needed to share so you attach it to a post that wasn't even yours to begin with where we got fussy with someone? OY VEY

::headdesk::

• imagebuckin:

Wait...so you needed to share so you attach it to a post that wasn't even yours to begin with where we got fussy with someone? OY VEY

::headdesk::

I was thinking the same thing.

• Holy hell, who do I yell at first??

YOU....

imagefloridabride07:

Hello ladies!!!!!!

Well, no need to wait any longer. I tested today after 17 consecutive days of high temps during my luteal phase. It is POSITIVE!!!!!! aHHHH. I can't believe it!! On my first cycle of charting and trying Big Smile! I totally thought it was going to take months and months of trying to get pregnant, being that I am so irregular in my periods. so for those that are irregular and are still trying. There is hope!!

My husband is so hesitant to get his hopes up that he is still someone skeptic about the test results from the pregnancy test kit and suggested to test again to make sure. hahaha. so I am scheduling an appointment with my GYN/OBY to see her asap. Definetely exciting times. Smile

I wanted to share the news with. . .someone. That always feels good. I want to get tested by the doctor before I share the news with my mom.

You hijacked a flaming newbie post to make a BFP post? That doesn't make any sense.

And YOU, OP, you're dumb. Remember this?

I'll be sure and not come back to this board... obviously you guys are a tight nit group not accepting new people very well, so i'll wait till i can get into my OB office on monday......

A few days ago you were NOT wanting to be pregnant because you were on meds that you needed to be off and now you want to be? Argh, whatever I don't care - when someone says they won't come back, we expect that they really won't come back. 

GBCBOTB FAIL!

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry. I didn't know there was a special board/post secret code to communicating with people whether using new posts/old posts. It's obviously I am still foreign to chat rooms and boards. I think this is the first time I've ever done this. I just wanted to share the good news (yes, with even people I don't even know). If it didn't sit well to some of you on how I did my post, oh well. quite frankly. . .I can care less!!!!  

Thanks to those that have only good things to say. Hasta la vista!!!

• imagefloridabride07:

Sorry. I didn't know there was a special board/post secret code to communicating with people whether using new posts/old posts. It's obviously I am still foreign to chat rooms and boards. I think this is the first time I've ever done this. I just wanted to share the good news (yes, with even people I don't even know). If it didn't sit well to some of you on how I did my post, oh well. quite frankly. . .I can care less!!!!  

You have 11 posts. I'm pretty damn sure you figured out how to use an effin chat board. KINDERGARTNERS can figure out chat boards dumbass. Furthermore, Who the hell had good things to say to you? NO BODY. So not only can you not "figure out a chat board" but you can't read either. You are a twit. GTFO
  • imagefloridabride07:

Sorry. I didn't know there was a special board/post secret code to communicating with people whether using new posts/old posts. It's obviously I am still foreign to chat rooms and boards. I think this is the first time I've ever done this. I just wanted to share the good news (yes, with even people I don't even know). If it didn't sit well to some of you on how I did my post, oh well. quite frankly. . .I can care less!!!!  

Sorry lenny, I have to steal your PSA: "I can care less!!!!" implies that you do care, and could in fact care a little less. It should read "I could NOT care less."

(l)

2 girls and a dog
  • imageheather_09_15_07:
    imagefloridabride07:

Sorry lenny, I have to steal your PSA: "I can care less!!!!" implies that you do care, and could in fact care a little less. It should read "I could NOT care less."

(l)

hehe, I love you, Heather.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"