3rd Trimester

Does anyone else just have a sleeper for baby's coming home outfit?

We aren't doing a full outfit.  I'm starting to feel like a bad mommy.  All of you girls have such cute outfits picked out.  We are just doing a cute newborn or 0-6 sleeper.  We aren't having family over so I think it's just a little silly get get him all dressed up with no place to go.

Re: Does anyone else just have a sleeper for baby's coming home outfit?

• I'm just doing a onesie from Gap Baby and some soft pants... nothing special either :(
  • Loading the player...
  • That's all that I'm doing. I have two different sleepers and I can't decide between them.
  • That is more than fine! I'm putting DS in a onesie and a pant/jacket set over that.  You will be exhausted and want DS comfy and easy to change. 
  • that is all we did for DS and all we'll do for the twins.  Even if we had people over- the chances of a fancy outfit getting puked on or pooped on that first day is pretty good- so to spend $$$ on something they will wear for 5 minutes is silly to me.

as long as baby is warm enough and comfy- that is what matters. You have PLENTY of time to dress him/her up and take tons of photos.

• Our coming home outfit is also a sleeper. But it's cute! It has a matching hat and booties.
  • This is the route we're going too...partly because we're on team green. I know I could buy two outfits and just return/exchange the one I don't need, but I haven't convinced myself this is necessary yet. Or been convinced. I guess I'm a bad mommy too.
  • DD #1 wore a sleeper home, and DD #2 is wearing a sleeper home. DD #2 is at least getting a brand new one, but I agree...it is silly to dress them up with no place to go.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am just putting DD in a Texas Longhorn sleeper.  I think it'll be just fine! 
  • My little guy will just be in a little organic sweater sleeper with matching hat. Nothing too fancy!
  • That is what I brought DS#2 home in. I had one of the sleeping gowns for DS#1.
  • our coming home outfit is a sleeper, but it is a Ralph Lauren sleeper. DH loves RL, and it was a 75 dollar sleeper on sale for 6 bucks at the RL outlet. yay
  • I couldnt find anything I loved for if it's a boy so I'm using an outfit someone got us. Nothing special. however, I did go out and buy the cutest, tinest dress for if it's a girl. I didnt want there to be any gender confusion if in fact it is a she!
  • I also am not doing a special outfit for coming home.  There won't be anyone there at our house but me and DH and when I get home I don't think I'm gonna wanna change her outfit again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a cute sleep and play onesie type outfit to bring her home in.  I'm sure I will have family at the house but I feel like newborns have to be cozy. 
  • That's my plan! I'll be new at clothing a baby, so I think a sleeper will be easiest! Plus, I want something with the feet built in. Warm and I don't have to deal with socks.
    Drew Isaiah: hypertension, induction, labor, emergency c/s. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Owen Anders: labor (natural onset), failed VBAC, emergency c/s. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't picked anything out yet.  Probably just choose a sleeper too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I haven't gotten anything yet, but that's all I'm doing. I actually wasn't even planning on buying a special one - I was just going to use something I get for my shower (my mother told me a lot of people got us onsies, sleepers, etc... as gifts).
  • I think she'll be wearing a sleeper home. ?I haven't had my shower yet so I will probably just pick one of the outfits she gets as a gift. ?I agree there is no reason to go crazy over an outfit she will not have on for very long.
  • I'll prob bring DS home in a sleep sack...man those are easy!
  • DS just wore one of his sleepers home.

• Yep! 

Mine comes with a matching hat with little ears on it.  Does that count to make it extra special? :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageIU_baby:

Yep! 

Mine comes with a matching hat with little ears on it.  Does that count to make it extra special? :)

I think it's perfect.  Ours is a little Pooh sleeper with matching hat with ears.

• We have a little cotton dress to put her in.  Simple.
  • My 8-9 pound baby (per the doctor) came out 6 lbs 1 oz...she almost came home naked! I think she wore the hospital onsie home with some pants that were way too big so we could strap her into her car seat.

Really the "coming home" outfit is to please the parents, the baby doesn't care, so don't feel bad :-)

Oh and the baby is all curled up still so you can't really see what they are wearing. FWIW, the hospital hat is the ONLY hat I have that fits her, so she is still wearing that. not cute, but functional!

• Yeah we using a sleeper too. I did the same when we brought DS home because no one was coming to visit until the weekend so I didn't see a point.?
  • ours is a little pant and top outfit.  lots of buttons.  nothing fancy.  its pretty close to a sleeper.  DH made me buy the little beanie hat to go with.  It is actually cute but easy and comfy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • We picked out a few really cute outfits for our baby girl depending on size.  One is a onesie, hoodie, and pants in 0-3 months with pink from head to toe.  The second is a shirt and pant set with cherries on it in newborn.  Finally, the third is the very first outfit my husband and I bought for her.  Its a onesie that says Princess with pants and a tiara headband in newborn.  Hopefully, one of these will work.
  • Mine is a one piece outfit from Gap. Its cute but pretty plain and simple.

• Just a onesie and pants.

No one but us will care what he wears. :)?

Samantha Skye - Aug 30, 2006 AND Maxwell Griffin - April 14, 2009
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I could not give a rat's a$$ about a coming home outfit.  The kid is going to spit up on it anyway, and no one is going to see it.

I'm going to put something very simple on him and roll with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"