Babies: 0 - 3 Months

S/O Circ ?

Why does it seem like no one went with the ds? I mean if you chose to do that to your little one then why make them be alone with strangers during it?

Re: S/O Circ ?

• This was why I was so upset when they took DS without even talking to us. ?I wanted my DH to be with him while he went through this.
  • Good lord - I could not have watched them do it...I think DH would have passed out if he had to watch it too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • He was 10 hours old.  He knew the nurses as long as he knew me!

I didn't think it was a big deal.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The procedure room in our pedi's office was very small and two docs perform the procedure with a nurse present so they suggested that we just sit tight and wait - we agreed.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • If we had had it done, I wouldn't have been able to sit through it.  I couldn't even watch an online video of a circ without bawling.
  • Edit: I had typed something out here, then decided it was overly snotty as a result of being up too late and being tired, I apologize.

Anyway, the reason I didn't watch DS's circumcision is that our OB recommended against it and I trust his good advice.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We didn't go in because I was stuck in bed (wasn't up walking yet from my c-section since it was done the next day) and it was done in the hospital nursery. I don't think we were really allowed in there anyway. At my hospital, the baby stayed in my room the whole time, with the exceptions of the few times they had to take him to the nursery to do his tests and stuff.
  • My OB was the one doing it. He did it when DS was 2 days old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Honestly, if DS had it done I wouldn't have wanted to watch.  Plus, at our hospital, they perform the procedure in a room off the nursery.  There is a strict no non-employees in the nursery policy at our hospital.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"