3rd Trimester

I think the laying on your back thing is baloney

Or bologna, whichever you prefer.

I don't have any problem when lying on my back and it does not seem to affect baby boy's movements. And it makes it a helluva lot easy to type.

Am I wrong?

Lillian Annette, can't wait to meetcha! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: I think the laying on your back thing is baloney

• I agree so far. I was told that when it becomes a problem, you'll be able to feel it. It won't be comfortable. My SIL, who had her baby 3 weeks ago, said it's true> So until I feel bad on my back, I'm still laying on it.
  • I was still laying on my back the day before my water broke.  I always have a few pillows behind my head, but that was it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • with DS, I could lay on my back all day long, no problem.

With this baby ... it's hit or miss. I can *sometimes* lay on my back and be OK. But for the most part, if I lay on my back too long, I get dizzy and nauseous. Must be the way this baby is situated.

• I haven't tried lying flat on my back for ages.  I'm usually propped up a little bit, but I've never had a problem either.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I still lay and sleep on my back. The doctor basically said as long your legs aren't falling asleep you are fine and that your body will tell you when to stop laying on your back.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I go to sleep on my side and wake up on my back every morning, and I seem to be fine. Baby boy seems to be fine. And I can't think of a single story about a child who faced problems at birth that ended with, "And they say the mother slept on her BACK!"
  • I usually don't have a problem with laying on my back but there was one time that I was getting an u/s and got really light headed. Once I rolled to my side I was fine
  • There were a couple of weeks in there where I would feel like my heart was racing if I laid on my back, but no longer.  I'm such a back sleeper, I think it would kill me not to have the option.
  • I haven't had any problems on my back either. But I'm usually propped up at least a little with pillows.
  • With me it depends on where the baby is.  Sometimes if I try, there IS a lot of pressure on my lower back, and it hurts.
  • imageMDBabyMama:
    And I can't think of a single story about a child who faced problems at birth that ended with, "And they say the mother slept on her BACK!"

Ha! Good point!

Lillian Annette, can't wait to meetcha! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I lay on my back all the time and have not had any issues! I heard it's only dangerous during labor!
  • I snore when I lay on my back but thats only a problem for DH...Stick out tongue
  • I can't breath well when Iie on my back... :(
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • BabyAlger... your wedding dress is gorgeous.

• this post made me crave a bologna sandwich.... Oh dear.
  • I actually sorta knocked the wind out of myself my lying on my back the other day. It was pretty scary... I couldn't catch my breathe and rolled over immediately.  It happened when my dr. was checking the little ones hb. this is the first time I've ever had a problem with it.
  • I wake up on my back multiple times a night and I am usually in a lot of pain.  I didn't have this problem with I was pregnant with my son.

Like everyone said, your body will tell you if something is wrong.

• Boo!  I wish it were true for me.  I can't even recline or I feel my heart pumping in my back and neck.  I swear my kid is holding onto my spine though.  It is so uncomfortable.  I either have to sit up super straight or lean to one side or the other. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Lying on my back is miserable for me.  I just can't do it.  It is the most uncomfortable position in the world right now.  Now I see why they say its also the most uncomfortable way to be when you're in labor.  Sometimes I lay on my back to watch tv, but I can't do it for very long.  I also snore when I'm on my back, and I'm such a light sleeper that I wake myself up.  Husband thinks its hilarious!

• imageRichInLove:
    I can't breath well when Iie on my back... :(

My feelings exactly.  And then it takes all sorts of rocking side to side to get up. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I sleep the best on my back.. and will continue
    image   image
  • With my first pregnancy it was true, I found it even more difficult to breathe on my back.  With my second pregnancy laying on my back didn't bother me until my last couple of weeks.  With this pregnancy, I haven't been able to lay on my back comfortably for the past several weeks.  I think it is totally unique to each pregnancy and woman.......As long as you are comfortable you are okay. If you feel out of breath  or weak/tingly you will know to roll to your sideSmile, trust me! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"