1st Trimester

Having a rough few days....

I think the past month and a half of constantly not feeling well has finally taken it's toll on me.  This weekend I didn't even get dressed.  I spent all day either in bed or on the couch.  Yesterday I was thrilled to have the day off and was hoping to get caught up on lots of chores and make dinner for the week.  I did nothing.  The only thing I did yesterday besides lay on the couch and eat (b/c I had to) was take a shower.  I am constantly exhausted and weak...all I feel like doing is crying and sleeping.  Even when I take a shower I have to sit down halfway through b/c I feel so lousy.  I'm also tired of nothing ever appealing when it comes time to eat.  I wish I could enjoy my food, but all I can do is choke it down and hope it doesn't come back up.  I know I am feeling sorry for myself and it isn't helping matters, but right now I am not is a good place emotionally.  I cried in my car in the parking lot at work this morning b/c I really wanted to go home and go back to bed.  I don't know when I turned into such a crier!!!Crying

I know it will get better, but right now I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I guess I am just looking for some support!  Thanks in advance for listening to my pity party. 

Re: Having a rough few days....

• Aww I'm sorry! I am right there with you, it can be sooo discouraging! I've heard it does get better though (haha I'll believe it when I see it at this point!). Hang in there! I hope you're able to find something halfway decent to eat today. If it makes you feel any better you voiced a lot of the exact same feelings I'm having.
  • I know how you feel. I hid my first preg until 18 weeks at work, and I was feeling so sick and exhausted!

This time around I have a toddler that keeps me busy all day.  It is really tough to have to run aorund and play all day when I feel like passing out.. oh and cleaning the house and making meals!

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you for the support...it makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one feeling this way.  I feel like I should be ecstatic and glowing, but most of the time I am completely miserable. 

As far as good goes, I just ate a double chocolate chip otis spunkmeyer muffin....not healthy I know, but it was good!  Big Smile  Not sure what I will eat the rest of the day though.....

• I'm sorry you're feeling so badly. But don't worry about throwing yourself a pity party~everyone needs that sometime, especially when there are hormonal issues involved.

I've been feeling more like crying lately too. You are not alone. If you can, get your hands on some prenatal yoga. What helps me when I feel down is to get a little active, IF you are able, and get back to center. You'd be amazed at the powers of just simple breathing :) Easier said than done...I know, just a suggestion :)

I really  hope your day takes a turn for the better!

• It sounds like you could use some nurturing.. and also permission to DO NOTHING. ?That is OK. ?You don't have to be productive. ?You have to be pregnant, and that's your job right now. ?When you start to feel better, you can get your sh!t together, but right now just do the things that nurture you. ?I spent the last two weeks pretty much in bed with movies when i wasn't working.
  • I am completely on board with ya! I've had some rough days when I couldn't do anything but lay on the couch and sleep.... yesterday I had to sit down in the shower too because I got woozy feeling. The nausea seems to be getting better now though (Thank God!!!) and I have a bit more energy, and from what everyone says it will get better soon. Only two weeks left till the second trimester! I have been getting weepy lately though, but my husband has been so wonderful, he just holds me and lets me cry it out and wipes the tears away..... I think that kind of support helps more than anything!
  • I think I've been sick since i got pregnant. I'm tired all the time but I always chalked it up to just finishing graduate school then getting pregnant, but it's great to hear someone else is just miserable. My co-workers all know since I work in an ER I have to be overly careful. Yesterday was my first day on the acute side since finding out and I feel like I had the life sucked out of me today. I'm also having trouble sleeping through the night, I just wake up but I don't want to do anything most of the time including while at work. Don't feel bad, it's ok to be moody it's all the hormones and we're entitled, there's two of us now ;) If we can't whine to each other, since we're all in the same boat, who can we whine to? It's just so nice to have people to talk to about all of this especially since this is my first time around.?

• I have been so exhausted every day that all I have felt like doing was laying on the couch too. I feel like such a lump of crap. BUT, yesterday I felt normal. No exhaustion! Hopefully these days will come for you too!
  • I totally hear ya.  I have never in my life felt so useless than now. I feel like a sloth all the time and as soon as I get home, BOOM the bed or couch and DH is like WTF is wrong with you babe, get up - do something. I can't Im exhausted too.
  • I totally feel your pain.  Just reading the posts I felt like crying.  I am in the same boat as you, I feel lousy all the time and I don't want to do anything.  I think it's okay to take it easy though.  I vegged out all Sunday.  I didn't take a shower until 7pm in the evening.  Although it was easy to be stinky because my husband is out of town right now.  It's okay to pamper yourself right now.  You owe it to yourself and your baby to rest.  Working and being pregnant isn't easy, just take one day at a time and sooner than you know you'll be feeling like yourself again.  I should take my own advice too because I feel horrible right now too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"