3rd Trimester

XP: Help a first tri gal out!

Hi ladies, I've got a question for you.

I've been having AWFUL morning sickness-- and by "morning" I mean 24 hours a day, and by "sickness" I mean living on my bathroom floor.  All the books say most women feel better around 12 weeks.  Did that seem to be the case for you?  I'm curious how many women fall into this "most" category.  I need some hope here ladies!  I miss food!!

TIA

Re: XP: Help a first tri gal out!

• I had all day sickness till 14 weeks and it came back during 3rd tri.  You can ask your doctor about Zofram (I think that's the name) which helps a lot of nesties with all days sickness.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• Sorry, I didnt have it that bad.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Loading the player...
  • I'd say by 13-14 weeks I was feeling a lot better. I didn't have the puking  (thank god!) but I had 24hr tiredness, food aversions and nausea.  I know some girls on 3rd tri are still on their zofran tho, so everyone is different. 
  • I had terrible nausea and exhaustion until about 12-13 weeks and then it magically disappeared.  Hang in there!!!
  • imageJessimurph:
    I had all day sickness till 14 weeks and it came back during 3rd tri.  You can ask your doctor about Zofram (I think that's the name) which helps a lot of nesties with all days sickness.

I'm actually on Zofran...  It helped a lot for about two weeks, and then starting Sunday night it was back to constant puking, even on the medicine.

• i was sick for 2 months in the 1st tri and i wanted to throw up every second of every day.  but it went away at 11 weeks on the dot! but the doctor perscribed zofran if it came back. but it didnt! hang in there you will get to actually enjoy the pregnancy soon!
  • Mine subsided around 16-17 weeks.  I was on Zofran from week 6 until then... it was horrible!! Hang in there, it does get better!
  • I was a mess until around 14 weeks and then things got better. Hang in there.
  •  I still had m/s until I was 19 weeks.  It lightened up some at 16 weeks, but it was still a problem.

Good Luck and Hang in there!

• I started feeling less sick around 14 weeks, but was still bone tired through most of my second trimester.
  • I never had m/s as bad as you, but I still was sick most of the time. So I tried taking Zyrtec the allergy medicine that is now over the counter. It worked wonders, I only took it once a day but if I were you I would probably take it twice a day. It was a life saver! Definetly ask your doc about it first though. Hope you feel better soon!
  • It didn't start for me until 8 weeks and didn't end till 18 weeks.  I finally had the doc give me some medicine...zofran and another.  One for during the day and one at night.  Good luck!  Hope you feel better soon! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was sick 24/7 up until I hit 18 weeks.  It was especially hard at work because no one knew I was pregnant yet.  I feel for you, hang in there it does get better!
  • Phenagren was the only thing that helped me.  And mine went away around 14 / 15 weeks. GL!
  • I had terrible morning sickness and it didn't subside until week 16-17. ?Every women is different and every pregnancy is different. ?Hopefully you start to feel better soon!?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"