3rd Trimester

you know what really grinds my gears?

So we all have our pet peeves--people touching our belly, asking us "how are you feeling" & telling us to "get your sleep now!"  are the biggest ones... but you know what really grinds my gears?

Grown women I work with calling me "mom", "mama", or "mommy" every effing day!  It drives me bat crap crazy to have 30-60 year old women calling me mom.  First of all, I'm not their mother & second of all I'm not technically anyone's mother just yet! 

Feel free to state your opinions or add whatever grinds your gears, ladies!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: you know what really grinds my gears?

• I hate everything now.

Especially my WTE coworker.

• Yes, I would have to agree.  What also gets me is...

"When are you due?  You haven't gained much weight, are you eating enough?"  THAT DRIVES ME BATTY.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sick of hearing "Oh you think it's hard now...wait till you have 2!" and "You're going to have your hands full!"

NO SH*T! I am not completely naive...I know it's going to be hard! And thanks for reminding me!

• I'm really having to control my temper on many things these days.  I feel like I'm blowing everything out of proportion.
  • I feel the same way.  It's wierd that they are calling me "mama" or "mom" & people asking me if I am allowed to have pop or soda (which ever you perfer to call it).

• I love the "life as you know it will never be the same!" Really?! That thought never crossed my mind before - thanks for the heads up!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I get the "Hey Mama" or "Hey Preggers". It used to bother me but now I'm kinda used to it. I'm sure I'll be back on a first name basis soon after she arrives.

This jacka$$ at my work keeps calling me Dude... "Hey Dude, what's up?" This REALLY bothers me and it's totally unprofessional. I have a frickin name... USE IT!!! He knows it bothers me too cuz I give him the evil eye!! Why are men so dumb???

• the eyebrows raised to the level of your hairline when I tell you when I'm due.

really? GET OVER IT. I'm big. I AM HUGE. Leave me alone.

• I have two:

1) "wow, time sure has gone by fast hasnt it? I cant believe you only have 3 months to go!" I'm sorry, but time certainly has not gone by fast. It may seem like that to you. In fact, I feel like I have been pregnant FOREVER, thank you very much!

2) "you sure did seem to get big over the weekend, what did you do, just eat alot all weekend?" Yes, you guessed it. I sat around all weeked shoving food in my face so that I could look even bigger than I did on Friday when I saw you last.

• Ok, I'll bite! ;)

This woman that I work with thinks that she is so cute to shout, every time I walk by, "She's Popping!"

I just smile and laugh politely, but it drives me CRAZY... the word, the fact that she feels she needs to shout it, the whole bit... grrrr.... ;)

• I'm tired of my 4th and 5th graders asking every day if we've decided on a name yet.  NO, and we're not telling you when we do!
  • It sounds like you're having a hard day.... mom. muhahaha. Yep, that would tick me off too. My mom jokingly refers me as "little Mother,' but I've been that my whole life. :D

My pet peeve is someone saying 'It's all going to change after the baby's born.' REALLY!?

• Because I am bed rest, people telling e to get all the sleep I can because once the kid gets here it will be over.

tia.stfu.ewcm

• LOL! That irks me too!!! I hate when a stranger asks, "How's it going, Mommy?" Grrrr...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • i hate the personal questions, i guess i'm a private person.  since i've been pregnant it's like my body is up for public discussion at family events.  "have you been gassy?"  "are you cramping?"  "do your breasts hurt, gotten bigger?"  "do you feel like the baby is lower in your pelvis?"

my dh didn't understand at first why this bugged me so much.  then i asked him, 'what if you had something going on with your pen!s and it's all anyone talked about for 9 months at family functions?  your mother and MY mother asking you how your pen!s is feeling today, if your pen!s is uncomfortable....etc'  he gets it now. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hate it when people ask "How are you feeling?"  They always look at me really sympathetically when they say it too.  I don't have a disease, I'm pregnant!  I think instead of "Hi, how are you?" I will just start randomly asking completely healthy-looking people how they happen to be feeling. 

That felt good.  Thank you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image2dogmom:

i hate the personal questions, i guess i'm a private person.  since i've been pregnant it's like my body is up for public discussion at family events.  "have you been gassy?"  "are you cramping?"  "do your breasts hurt, gotten bigger?"  "do you feel like the baby is lower in your pelvis?"

my dh didn't understand at first why this bugged me so much.  then i asked him, 'what if you had something going on with your pen!s and it's all anyone talked about for 9 months at family functions?  your mother and MY mother asking you how your pen!s is feeling today, if your pen!s is uncomfortable....etc'  he gets it now. 

This made me laugh... I totally understand!  This irritates me too!

• 1. "Your getting close now" - I have heard this every time (2 or 3 times a week) I see one of the owners of the company I work for since about 20 weeks! Ugh!

2.Them "How are you feeling?" Me "Pretty good actually" Them "Really?!? because when I/My wife/my friend/etc was at your point they had so many issues with ..."

• All of the above, plus I hate "How's the baby today?"  As far as I know he is fine thank you. Seeing as I can not talk to him or see him I have no real way of knowing do I?  So I can tell you that he is head butting my cervix or has had the hiccups 3 times today, but really how he's doing....ask me when he is here...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My mom, telling me to "Just relax" in a tone of voice that implied I had no reason to feel pain and tapping my foot while my doctor has her hand up my on my cervix to tell me how dilated/effaced I am.  I told my mom, don't ever do that again.  It hurt, I know it's nothing compared to childbirth, just shut up and I'll deal with it my way.  I made a huge mistake saying she can be in the delivery room with my DH and me. 

The other thing that annoys me is all her dated advice from the 1970s. I know she has experience with two babies, but things have changed in the past 30 years.  I have my reasons for wanting to do things differently, all of them supported by scientific evidence.  "That's the way we did it back then and you lived" is not sufficient evidence for me. 

• I have this one man (overweight) at my job that always asks "how's the baby?" Are you eating healthy? "We want a strong, big football player". And I've gotten to the place that I have to avoid him before I ask when was the last time he ate anything healthy. Ugh!!!
  • LMAO! I Agree!!! I'm so sick of people saying "Wow! You're (insert preg. week here)?? You're hardly showing!" It's like... people... do you really think I looked THIS FAT before pregnancy??? Thanks.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageblewis2323:

2) "you sure did seem to get big over the weekend, what did you do, just eat alot all weekend?" Yes, you guessed it. I sat around all weeked shoving food in my face so that I could look even bigger than I did on Friday when I saw you last.

I don't usually LOL.  Or post.  But really, LOL.  

• I don't mind the occational belly pat now and then but I have this co-worker that insists on rubbing all over my belly with both hands! I feel violated every time!

I also hate it when people ask when I'm due, I tell them April and they say, "Oh, I thought you were due any day now!' or "Oh, you are having a big baby aren't you?" or "Are you sure it isn't twins?"

I don't care if people have opinions about how big my belly is but can't they just keep it to themselves?! Or at least not share it with me!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"