Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Building a freezer stash is becoming an obsession

I swear it's making me slightly insane, lol. I just sat downstairs in front of the freezer for like 20 mins organizing and counting all my bags of milk (245oz!)

Then I get all giddy seeing what all my hard work has accomplished! lol?

Re: Building a freezer stash is becoming an obsession

• Lucky! I didnt start stocking up until 3 weeks before I returned to work! I'm a procrastinator... still havent run out yet though!
  • I'm obsessed also. But I'm a SAHM, so who knows when I'll even use the milk...I just love watching my stash grow. I'm at 260 oz right now and have had more time to collect. You have a super stash!
  • Loading the player...
  • i thought i was doing good with 30 oz. how on earth do you get that much when the baby wants to eat every 3 hours??
  • I'm a SAHM and I have 472 oz! I have absolutely NO need for it. I just counted it yesterday. I haven't even pumped for 3 weeks.
  • imageruthiebell:
    i thought i was doing good with 30 oz. how on earth do you get that much when the baby wants to eat every 3 hours??

I pump every morning and every night. I also started pumping right away in the hospital, I could have a bit of an oversupply issue too. ?

• I'm obsessed too, and that is awesome!  I'm proud as hell of my 150 or so ounces.
    Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • I probably had close to that when MH dumped it all. We needed the freezer space in the basement and we had been straight FF. When I thawed a bag it never quite mixed right so I didn;t fell comfoprtable using it. MH put the stash in the frig and the next day when he dumped it he said it smelled really bad. I still cried even though I knew that I wasn't going to use it. All my time and hard work...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Careful about pumping too much.  I was to the point where Maya didn't get hindmilk  so it was digesting really quickly and causing her gas.

Congrats on the stash though.  I found a good way to organize it is with gift bags and a cut out in the bottom- someone posted it on the nest.   There was a video involved.

Melissa

• Good for you!  I consider it my part-time job to avoid paying for formula.
  • Melissa- What board was this post on?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"