Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Poop stains

Has anyone found anything that ACTUALLY gets the stains out?  I've tried Dreft Stain Remover and Oxyclean, neither of which have been able to remove the stains.  HELP!!!!

Re: Poop stains

• shout works for us - i usually rinse whatever it is immediately in cold water and ring out.  then i use the shout stick and throw in the dirty laundry.  works every time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I soak right away and use Shout right before putting it in the wash
  • Loading the player...
  • I tried a trick I saw someone mentioned on here today and it worked!  DD poops all over her onesies almost EVERY time.  Well it was bad today so I rinsed as much out as I could then sprayed on Dreft stain remover (or whatever you have, Oxyclean baby is supposed to work great) then hang in the sun or a sunny window.  The bilirubin that makes baby poop yellow is faded by sunlight, just like a jaundice baby.  Well then I threw it in the washer and no stains!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow... too bad I live in Seattle.  We rarely see the sun around here.
  • imageShopaholic78:
    Wow... too bad I live in Seattle.  We rarely see the sun around here.

I may have been the one the PP was thinking of regarding the sun trick. I sing its praises all the time. It's gotten every baby poop stain out for me.

It's worked for me on cloudy days, too, so you may have some hope in Seattle. Big Smile

• Definitely sun light/bright light.  I do that with the poop stains on my diapers.
  • I use Shout when I wash it. I never remember to spray right away but let it soak a bit before starting the wash cycle. No stains so far!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"