Babies on the Brain

Baby name disappointment

I'll start by saying I'm not currently pregnant. Now...DH and I picked out our baby names some time ago, about 6 years ago: Jade Elizabeth for a girl and Jason for a boy. We just found out my SIL is naming her baby (due in April) Emily Jade. I'm heartbroken. I feel like it would be wierd to go with Jade now...*sigh*. Not really looking for solutions, just venting.

Re: Baby name disappointment

• If she's using it as a middle name, there is no reason why you coudln't still use it at a first name.

And not that this will happen, but I had named picked out for our babies before I got pregnant and once I got pregnant, the names just didn't fit.  The name we have picked out now was not even close to what we had originally picked.  So who knows...maybe you will change your mind.

• imagesweetpea7628:

If she's using it as a middle name, there is no reason why you coudln't still use it at a first name.

And not that this will happen, but I had named picked out for our babies before I got pregnant and once I got pregnant, the names just didn't fit.  The name we have picked out now was not even close to what we had originally picked.  So who knows...maybe you will change your mind.

And I can't wait to find out what that name is.... 

• Loading the player...
  • I think it is perfectly okay for you to use it since she is using it as a middle name and not as a first name...also, do you both have the same last name, or are your last names different?  If they're different, then all that much more I think it's okay.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a co worker who was pregnant at the same time as me, actually we had the same due date.  We found out we were having a boy, but had said all along that our girl name was Olivia.  She found out she was having a girl and had 4 different girl names to choose from, none of them was Olivia.  She had her baby 2 or 3 days before me and named her Olivia.  Fortunately we did indeed have a boy, but I still feel like if my next child is a girl, it would be weird to name her Olivia now.  This was the name I had picked out since I played house as a very young girl.  I was seriously annoyed.  So, I understand where you're coming from.
  • imagesweetpea7628:

If she's using it as a middle name, there is no reason why you coudln't still use it at a first name.

I agree...you're using it as a first name and you had it picked out first so use it anyway.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker M/C #1 - BFP 12/28/2008. Confirmed m/c at 6wks - blighted ovum on 1/9/2009. M/C #2 - BFP 6/16/2009. Confirmed m/c at 7wks - blighted ovum on 7/1/2009.
  • I agree with the others. You could still use it if you wanted, although I understand why you may not want to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrs.DeliaMarieP:
    I think it is perfectly okay for you to use it since she is using it as a middle name and not as a first name...also, do you both have the same last name, or are your last names different?  If they're different, then all that much more I think it's okay.

Honestly I'm not sure what this child's last name will be. This will be SIL's 6th illegitimate child. We aren't fabulously close with SIL....I might bring myself to be ok with keeping my name since we don't see her all that often.

• Oh! I hate that!! But I agree with the rest of the ladies, go for it any way, lots of cousins have the same middle name.?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree, its annoying but you could totally still use Jade as a first name. Especially since you don't see the SIL all that much. And middle names aren't really used that much in daily life, just first names so I think you should still use it. You've been wanting that for a long time, so don't feel bad about naming your baby that! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"