Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Fenugreek not working, what else do I try?

So Ive been taking 2 caps of Fenugreek 6x a day since sunday along with 2 caps 6x a day of Blessed thistle and 16 oz of Yogi Nursing Mothers tea.

I have not seen an increase in supply which I ams ure I should have seen by now.

I'm pumping 4x a day in order to get enough milk for DC's 3 feedings while I am at work.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fenugreek not working, what else do I try?

• Options
    to increase supply you should pump 6x/day. i also take domperidone
  • Options

imageadhenash:
    to increase supply you should pump 6x/day. i also take domperidone

what is that?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'd suggest adding in another couple of pumping sessions.  I pump late at night and around 2-3 a.m. while DD is asleep, too.  It kills me, but it helps.

I'd also suggest increasing your water intake (I now drink at least 64 ounces of water a day and I've seen a little increase) 

If all else fails, I've heard domperidone is good stuff.

• Options

imageMrsRosie:
    It helps me to drink lots of water and eat oatmeal every day.

oh yeah oatmeal!  I forgot that one.  I stopped eating mine for a week and saw a drop in production.

• Options
    fenugreek and pumping every 2 hours didn't work for me.  I got a prescription for Reglan and that worked.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When my supply gets really bad, I have a few glasses of gatorade, a few cups of mothers milk tea and have tons of water. I have found that my supply is boosted the very next day. Gatorade is now always in my house.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Alfalfa is working for me! ?I noticed an increase of 4oz the day after I ate alfalfa sprouts on my sandwich at lunch, and this happened on 2 separate occasions. ?It is also one of the ingredients in the More Milk Plus capsules, along with fenugreek. ?I got my alfalfa capsules at Whole Foods but then I saw them in the herbal supplement section of the regular grocery store.
    "If I'm goin' down, I'm goin' down loud." -John Evans Tweet me
  • Options
    Whenever I feel like my supply is going down, I up the water till I'm almost drowning and eat like there's no tomorrow.  It helps me a ton.
  • Options
    Ditto on the
  • Options
    Ditto on the Mother's
  • Options
    Ditto on the Mother's MILK
  • Options
    Ditto on the Mother's Milk Tea.
  • Options
    Theirs also Goats Rue and More Milk Plus. I take both of those and Fenugreek 3pills 3x/day and drink Mothers milk tea, lol but I have a very low supply.
    imageimage

9/24/2011 Plymouth Firefighters 5k: 47:13
    11/12/2011 Diva Dash 5k: 45:45
    5/5/2012 STEM school 5k TBD Coming up in 2012:
    6/10/2012 Walk to Remember SIDS foundation 5k
    (in memory of a sweet baby boy)
    11/10/2012 Diva Dash 5k
  • Options
    oatmeal helps me. i pump at least 15 oz/ day for storage since taking oatmeal daily.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"