Babies: 9 - 12 Months

are space heaters a no no in baby's room.

It's freaking COLD and these radiators aren't doing that great of a job.  Would it be bad to put a space heater in baby's room at night? I don't know why I have it in my head they shouldn't have them.

Re: are space heaters a no no in baby's room.

• idk...

we do because we live in an old house and there is no heat vent in ds's room.  it's either a space heater (with a thermostat and auto-shut off) or he sleeps in a room that is 55 degrees

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I have a space heater (I think that is what it is called) in DS's room that has a thermostat and turns on if it gets below 71 degrees, then turns off again after it is above 72. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
  • Loading the player...
  • They aren't recommended because something can fall on them or they can tip over and start a fire. What I've been doing is turning it on while she gets a bath and leaving it on until it's warm enough in her room. I make sure to turn it off before I go to bed and if it's cold when she wakes up to eat then I turn it on again while I'm feeding her.

I didn't really have much of a choice, we couldn't get it warm enough in her room unless we heated the rest of the house to 85, which is ridiculous. Our space heater shuts off if it tips over and there isn't really anything that can fall on it (except the ceiling I guess).

Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • we live in a very old building and the only radiator is in the living room. ?it doesn't heat DS's room very well. ?we have a heater that turns off when it gets 2 degrees higher than we set it and turns on when it drops below 2 degrees that we set it. ?it also turns off if anything gets too close and is cool to the touch. ?we got it at best buy.
  • We have one in DD's room.  It's automatic shut off if it tips over, and has an internal thermostat.  It's not going to tip over in the middle of the night with her in her crib unless something untoward happens, in which case we have bigger problems.
  • I've used one in his room since birth. It's fine as long as it's a newer one with automatic shut off if tipped. I'm not worried.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"