Breastfeeding

HELP... supply getting less...

DD is now 13+ weeks and this week my supply has seemed to get very low.  She now sleeps through the night, about 8 - 10 hours.  During the day she eats every 2 - 3 hours.  I have always had plenty of milk, until the last few days.  In fact it was awful tonight, she was hungry for her last feeding and it had been about 2 hours since her last feeding and I hardly had any milk.  She stared screaming, it seemed like she was so hungry.  I tried pumping and got nothing.  I very reluctantly tried giving her formula, but she didn't want it.  She just screamed and was looking at me like "why won't you feed me?"  I don't know what to do.  Is it possible to get my supply up again?  Does her sleeping at night have anything to do with my supply during the day?  HELP!!!!

Re: HELP... supply getting less...

• same has begun happening to me this week! I had some frozen BM to give tonight when my little boy was screaming at me still hungry. I felt awful not having enough for him!
    I've started pumping every couple of hours hoping to increase...

taking fenugreek is supposed to help, but I'm still reluctant to go that route.

check out kellymom.com for some good information too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    violet (01.06.2011) & colt (09.27.08)
    expecting surprise baby no.3 may 3rd
  • DON'T SUPPLEMENT! That will definitely interfere with your supply. Just let her nurse, and pump (even if you don't get any) and your supply will catch up! If you happened to take any unusual medicines (sudafed or nyquil or maybe some allergy medicine) that could have affected you. Otherwise, just have faith in your body and it will catch up. You can't be sure that DC was hungry. You aren't going to starve her. Your breasts were made for feeding her, they won't fail! Keep it up!

?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"