January 2014 Moms

Royal Baby Appearance

Any one else just see the Royal Baby make his first appearance? Kate looked absolutely adorable - there is no way I'm looking that lovely EVER, much less after giving birth!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image  image
Fell in love: Istanbul, Turkey 2008 | Married: New Year's Eve 2011 | Parents: January 2014

Re: Royal Baby Appearance

• I totally teared up...ok, tears rolled down my face. I have no idea why I reacted that way, lol!  I love that she wore something that showed her bump.  

• The media reported that Kate's hair dresser and make up artist arrived early this morning with a rolling luggage bag... Yah, we won't have that kind of help. LOL

She looked great! 

imageimage<br/><a href="http://oi44.tinypic.com/2ptnnvb.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>
    Welcome baby Landon! So in love... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image sugarland726:
    I am mostly thrilled for her showing what a real post partum body looks like. Girls, you WILL leave the hospital looking like you are still pregnant.
    Love the jokes about the baby having her looks, having more hair than him, etc. Just so cute and candid.

Her body was my favorite part. They didn't try to conceal her post bump like all celebs do. Loved it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• She looked gorgeous! Way better than I did 24 hours after giving birth...wait...actually, she still looks tons better than I do every day!

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free 1/9/14

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free 6/6/11

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10
    "Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• image mrs.jenni:
    image sugarland726:

I am mostly thrilled for her showing what a real post partum body looks like. Girls, you WILL leave the hospital looking like you are still pregnant.

That was my favorite part.  She didn't even try to hide it.  She looked completely normal... like a mom that had just given birth. Of course she looked gorgeous, but the bump was still there.  I heart her.

And they are just totally adorable together.  Did you see William double check that the carseat was in correctly?  Sigh. 

Apparently he needed to triple check because this is the pic I saw...looks all kinds of wrong!  However, I'm thinking maybe British carseats are "different." I don't know...concerning...

Saddened, but not surprised, that the royal baby was improperly secured in his car seat... especially since his grandmother died in a car crash (one that had she been buckled up, she would have likely survived... as the only survivor was the driver, who was also the only person wearing a seat belt, and also the person who took the brunt of the impact).    It is NOT SAFE to swaddle a baby under the straps... if you want to swaddle the baby, get them buckled snug, and then swaddle them OVER the straps - see this how-to video http://bit.ly/141yB68  For the curious, the baby is in a Mercedes Benz "Baby Safe Plus" car seat.  There are no chest clips in Europe (rear-facing-only seats have a Y-shaped harness).

• ccip82ccip82
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its
    image AHULL1104:
    image mrs.jenni:
    image sugarland726:

That was my favorite part.  She didn't even try to hide it.  She looked completely normal... like a mom that had just given birth. Of course she looked gorgeous, but the bump was still there.  I heart her.

And they are just totally adorable together.  Did you see William double check that the carseat was in correctly?  Sigh. 

Apparently he needed to triple check because this is the pic I saw...looks all kinds of wrong!  However, I'm thinking maybe British carseats are "different." I don't know...concerning...

Saddened, but not surprised, that the royal baby was improperly secured in his car seat... especially since his grandmother died in a car crash (one that had she been buckled up, she would have likely survived... as the only survivor was the driver, who was also the only person wearing a seat belt, and also the person who took the brunt of the impact).    It is NOT SAFE to swaddle a baby under the straps... if you want to swaddle the baby, get them buckled snug, and then swaddle them OVER the straps - see this how-to video http://bit.ly/141yB68  For the curious, the baby is in a Mercedes Benz "Baby Safe Plus" car seat.  There are no chest clips in Europe (rear-facing-only seats have a Y-shaped harness).

The only thing different with the car seats over here is that we do not have the chest buckle. Per EU laws and regulations. I *think the reasoning behind it is in case of an emergency the chest buckle can become difficult to remove quickly...especially to those unfamiliar with car seats like good Samaritans and first responders.

I am hoping they adjusted the straps and removed the swaddle once they got him situated in the car. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

imageimageimage

Emma                        Max      Iain 

• image ccip82:
    I am hoping they adjusted the straps and removed the swaddle once they got him situated in the car. 

I hope that too, but I doubt it. They introduced the baby, then went back inside to get him in the carseat so they could make a seamless getaway. Why not do that while they were inside? Why do it in the car? Why even allow the situation where photos like this could be taken?

Lilypie - (EWlx)

Lilypie - (lch0)

BFP 8.9.12 EDD 4.15.13 M/C 8.19.12
    BFP 10.11.12 EDD 6.24.13 M/C 10.19.12

• ccip82ccip82
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its
    image sugarland726:

image ccip82:

I hope that too, but I doubt it. They introduced the baby, then went back inside to get him in the carseat so they could make a seamless getaway. Why not do that while they were inside? Why do it in the car? Why even allow the situation where photos like this could be taken?

The British news program I was watching did not show them getting into the car. We just saw them outside the hospital.

That is disappointing...I am hoping the backlash caused by this will make them absolutely aware of the importance of car seat safety.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

imageimageimage

Emma                        Max      Iain 

• image AHULL1104:
    image mrs.jenni:
    image sugarland726:

Yeaaah, I cringed when I saw this picture.

However, it's kinda makes me like Will and Kate even more to know that even a couple as perfect and put-together looking as they are can make a mistake every once in a blue moon.

(Then again, this is with me assuming that it's a universal thing that you don't swaddle underneath car seat straps and not just a U.S. thing.)

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • I thought it was really sweet. I'll admit that I teared up when they first walked out. I think I need a nap.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

sorry if this was already posted, but here's a close up of the baby prince I found on an entertainment website. 

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL