Trying to Get Pregnant

New with questions? Ask Flame Free!

I feel like there are a ton of Newbs with lots of questions.  

Who want to play nice?

And for everyone's reading pleasure-  http://tbttgp.wordpress.com

The Making of Baby Banker
TTC since 03/2011 | BFP#1 05/2011-M/C at 7w | BFP#2 06/2013-M/C at 5w
Diagnosis: Unexplained IF
After multiple IUIs and one IVF...
photo 416d5dec-9345-4772-9e55-326f4db59ad6_zps8d684e9d.jpg03/2014: FET #1=BFP!! EDC 12.06.2014
photo 416d5dec-9345-4772-9e55-326f4db59ad6_zps8d684e9d.jpg
Beta #1: 197 | Beta #2: 556 | Beta #3: 2354 | FHR: 158
Stupid amounts of love to my TBBFF turned IRLBFF Kiki
image GUAYAQUIL image
{All are Welcome}

CafeMom Tickers

Re: New with questions? Ask Flame Free!

• If I eat only phallic shaped food during my FW will that guarantee my baby has a penis?
    Edited, because I only plan on eating food, not random objects. 
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Where do babies come from?
    *****Siggy Warning*****

Married: 7/30/2011 - TTC #1 since June 2013 - Met with RE 6/24/14
    Me: Initial ultrasound: normal. CD 3 bloodwork: normal. HSG: Normal.
    DH: SA = Average motility, Good count.
    DX: Unexplained, possible Endo.
    September 2014 - Cycle 15: Letrozole with TI = BFN
    October 2014 - Cycle 16: Letrozole + Trigger + IUI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1: 32 Beta #2: 77. Heartbeat seen November 13th. EDD: July 8th, 2015
    TTGP 2013 Award: Most Supportive
    TTGP 2014 Award: Cutest Pets
    image...image.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ok ive actually been wondering this for awhile...

Is it better to have sex in the morning or at night? Does it matter?
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • I asked a temping question last time there was one of these, but I still have another! I'm definitely over thinking this whole process. This morning, my husband woke me up to tell me goodbye. I was awake less than a minute, but I didn't temp then. I woke up a little later and temped. Could waking up, but not getting up and moving around, just waking up, mess with my temps?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• image JulieSmiles:
    I asked a temping question last time there was one of these, but I still have another! I'm definitely over thinking this whole process. This morning, my husband woke me up to tell me goodbye. I was awake less than a minute, but I didn't temp then. I woke up a little later and temped. Could waking up, but not getting up and moving around, just waking up, mess with my temps?

I guess it's possible that it slightly affected your temps, but if you didn't get up to walk around and give a Shakespearean soliloquy, you're probably fine to count the temp you got. Smile 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Chat!                       General Cloth Diaper Information          
  • Whoops! I should have just held my question for a minute and then I wouldn't have been that girl that starts her own thread... fail. But my chart woes bring up another question I have. How important is checking CM? I have just been doing OPKs and now temping... If I had been checking CM would my chart have been easier for FF to interpret?
    UntitledUntitled
  • image lilysylvis:
    Where do babies come from?

The butt sex apparently. 

Stinkerbella-8-27-10 
    Married-11-26-10/In Process of Divorce/Separated since early Feb.
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• image lookame3639:
    Ok ive actually been wondering this for awhile... Is it better to have sex in the morning or at night? Does it matter?

I have no flipping idea, so I would just say "yes."  Have sex! Smile

But honestly, I have no idea if there is some scientific rationale for one being better than the other - you should just make sure you are enjoying it! 

• image lookame3639:
    Ok ive actually been wondering this for awhile... Is it better to have sex in the morning or at night? Does it matter?

I don't think it really matters.  As long as you're in your fertile window and the sperm get where they need to go you should be good!

• image sheenaro:
    Whoops! I should have just held my question for a minute and then I wouldn't have been that girl that starts her own thread... fail. But my chart woes bring up another question I have. How important is checking CM? I have just been doing OPKs and now temping... If I had been checking CM would my chart have been easier for FF to interpret?

I think it is helpful to FF to have that information (depending on the method you have it using to analyze your chart).  I find it helpful because the different CMs can help give you an idea of where you are at in your cycle - but, like OPKs, it isn't a guarantee that anything has actually happened.  But it's another piece of the puzzle. 

• image sheenaro:
    Whoops! I should have just held my question for a minutes and then I wouldn't have been that girl that starts her own thread... fail. But my chart woes bring up another question I have. How important is checking CM? I have just been doing OPKs and now temping... If I had been checking CM would my chart have been easier for FF to interpret?

The more information you have, the easier it is to interpret normally. You can get fertile CM throughout your cycle, but it can be a good clue that you're in your FW. You don't have to check internally if you're not comfortable with it but I would try to get into the habit of charting it in case you end up having another cycle. 
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
  • image sheenaro:
    Whoops! I should have just held my question for a minute and then I wouldn't have been that girl that starts her own thread... fail. But my chart woes bring up another question I have. How important is checking CM? I have just been doing OPKs and now temping... If I had been checking CM would my chart have been easier for FF to interpret?

More information is always better, but it's not required.  Though when you start seeing fertile CM it's a great secondary way (along with OPK's) to know O might be happening soon and you should be having regular sex. 

• image gonzol:

image curlylocks3:
    If I eat only phallic shaped food during my FW will that guarantee my baby has a penis?

You wanna come to Sonic with me then? I plan to eat a hot dog. I'll even splurge and get you a limeade. Ya? 

You really know how to spoil a girl! I am so there.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
  • image gonzol:

image lilysylvis:

The stork in the sky.  

Darn, I'm not a fan of birds. 

*****Siggy Warning*****

image...image.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'll play.  I'm looking for a chart stalk of last month, I put my CD1 as June 12.  I'm still BFing my son and hadn't had a period since July 2012 so I just picked June 12 as CD1 so I could start charting.  Otherwise FF wouldn't let me see my chart because I was on like CD300+ or something.  Anyway I got CH on CD25 and felt O pain on CD28.  I'm still not convinced I O'd.  What do you think?  I have a lot of open circles because DS wakes up anytime between 5-7 and doesn't always STTN.  I had spotting once on CD33 and then very VERY light flow for 2 days and another day of spotting.  So I'm assuming I did O.  I just hope I'm Oing and my cycles get normal again without having to wean DS because I'm not ready to do that yet.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3583ac 

A little back story, I had DS in March 2012.  I had 2 full heavy periods, 1 at 3 months PP and 1 at 4 months PP (June and July 2012) when my supply was very low.  Once I started taking domperidone and my supply picked up my period went away for almost another year until I had that light flow/spotting ealier this month.

Anyway I'm rambling and this is way longer than I wanted it to be, sorry. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• image Spookster:

image lilysylvis:

The butt sex apparently. 

Yes That's what DH says, maybe I should listen to him more.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I'm nauseous, am I prego? 

Hehe.  :) 

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     MC #1 6/13 (6weeks),  MC #2 8/13 (7weeks)
                                          Lila Elizabeth EDD 9/28/14
  • image curlylocks3:
    image gonzol:

image curlylocks3:
    If I eat only phallic shaped food during my FW will that guarantee my baby has a penis?

You wanna come to Sonic with me then? I plan to eat a hot dog. I'll even splurge and get you a limeade. Ya? 

Me too, me too!  Cherry Limeade pleeeease! 

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• I'm late and all I get are BFN's. Am I pregnant?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • image Spookster:

image lilysylvis:

The butt sex apparently. 

That's what we've been doing wrong. 

*****Siggy Warning*****

image...image.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • image sunlavender:
    image curlylocks3:
    image gonzol:

image curlylocks3:

Me too, me too!  Cherry Limeade pleeeease! 

Confession: I have never been to Sonic.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    rjeller32
  • image chickpea912:

image JulieSmiles:
    I asked a temping question last time there was one of these, but I still have another! I'm definitely over thinking this whole process. This morning, my husband woke me up to tell me goodbye. I was awake less than a minute, but I didn't temp then. I woke up a little later and temped. Could waking up, but not getting up and moving around, just waking up, mess with my temps?

I guess it's possible that it slightly affected your temps, but if you didn't get up to walk around and give a Shakespearean soliloquy, you're probably fine to count the temp you got. Smile 

Well damn, my husband and I reenacted the final scene in Romeo and Juliet. Discard this temp! Just kidding. Thank you for answering. I knew I was way over-thinking it, but it was an important temp!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• image JulieSmiles:
    It could, but there have been plenty of nights I woke up looked at the clock and went back to sleep and it never messed with my temps.  I say you are good.

photo 416d5dec-9345-4772-9e55-326f4db59ad6_zps8d684e9d.jpg03/2014: FET #1=BFP!! EDC 12.06.2014
    image GUAYAQUIL image
    {All are Welcome}

CafeMom Tickers

• image sheenaro:

FF does best with the more information you give it.  Is it necessary?  No, but it will certainly help FF. 

ETA: typing is hard 

image GUAYAQUIL image
    {All are Welcome}

CafeMom Tickers

• BBnutBBnut
    250 Answers 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary
    Stupid question: I've never used OPKs before.  When should I start testing?  CD 10?  I guess earlier is better since I don't know what's normal?

My last 8 cycles have been 27 days long (I haven't charted a full month but I had to keep track for the last year for other medical reasons).
    DS born Nov 2011 at 34 weeks due to compromised cord blood flow
    #1 BFP 9/4/13 Blighted Ovum found @ 9 weeks 1 day D&C 10/21/13 
     #2 BFP 2/28/14  CP at 4 weeks 5 days
    #3 BFP 4/3/14  CP at 4 weeks 3 days

#4 BFP 6/26/14 beta at 10dpo 36; 15 dpo 503 and 22 dpo 8,863 and we have a heartbeat!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • image BBnut:
    Stupid question: I've never used OPKs before.  When should I start testing?  CD 10?  I guess earlier is better since I don't know what's normal?

My last 8 cycles have been 27 days long (I haven't charted a full month but I had to keep track for the last year for other medical reasons).

This should Help-  http://www.whenmybaby.com/ovulation-test-calculator.php

image GUAYAQUIL image
    {All are Welcome}

CafeMom Tickers

• I have been using ky jelly forever. We used it up until my second and last positive opk day. Did I screw up our chances this month? I totally forgot we were going to go without until that second positive opk.

• image BBnut:

With 27 day cycles as your norm, CD10 is a good place to start.  I usually start on CD14ish because my cycles are a little longer (30-35) although today is CD14 for me and I got a positive OPK. 

image     imageimage
                                    BFP #1: 09/22/2011 ---- DS born 05/25/2012
                                                       BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- CP
                       BFP #3: 08/05/2014 beta#1: 57  beta#2: 133 Beta #3: 441 
    NO more betas!  Sono on 8/29 confirmed HB at 147bpm!!!  GROW BABY!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am coming up on 1 year TTC (Aug 4 is 1 year).  Today is my annual and plan on discussing this with my OB.  What should I expect?  Is she supposed to refer me to an RE right away or will I go through any tests/anything with my regular OB? 
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards