As most of you know, E was due on 8/5 but was born at 31 weeks. it was scary to say the least. Soon after DH said he didn't want any more kids because it was all so scary for him. He's come around and agreed that he wants another child.
I have my yearly appt today. I am going to talk to the head of our high risk about what our chances of another preemie are and if anything can be done to lessen them. DH misunderstood and thought I was getting my mirena out and I just got an email saying " OK does this mean we can start trying for another soon??" apparently he is super excited to try again.
Here is the issue. There is a chance we will have another preemie... a good chance. Knowing that I would like to try for a summer baby so that even if they are early they will be born in the spring and not in the flu/RSV season. We got pregnant the first month we tried last time and we may not be that lucky this time but I'm hopeful that it will not take long and even if it is a few months we will still be ok time wise. I KNOW that we cannot plan everything but I need to try for my own sanity!
So my questions are:
1. if you got pregnant quickly the first time, was it the same the next time?
2. if your DH was ready before you, how did you find a happy medium or get him to agree to wait?
I can't talk to many friends IRL because we don't want anyone to know when we may be trying again. I don't want that pressure.
ETA- I still lurk here but don't get on the bump a lot these days. I'm working 60-70 hours a week, have E and everything else in our lives... so I try to pop in but don't get to often... I didn't bail though!