Breastfeeding
Options

Extended BF what is your night time routine

LO and I have made it to one year EBF.  I am beyond happy that we have made it this far and have no plans to stop nursing. However, I am rethinking our current night routine.   We have done the bath, boob, bed from the start.  LO will sometime fall asleep while nursing and other times she won't. She has no problem going down awake and falling asleep on her own (thanks to sleep easy). While I love our current routine I worry that LO is getting older and that I wont always be home to nurse her in the future.  I am curious what other extended BF do for their night time routine.  Any advice, tips or suggestion?

Re: Extended BF what is your night time routine

• Options

at 8:45 or so I go upstairs with my 18 month old and she nurses on the left side.  Then demands the other side.  Then the other side again.  Then the other side.  Then the other side.  After nursing about 3,255 times on each side she rolls over on the pillow next to me and goes to sleep.  Then I move her to the crib.

I don't mind nursing her at night but it's getting ridiculous.

No advice here.  

• Options

We are very similar to you in routine.  Sometimes he falls asleep nursing, other times he falls asleep after.

But there are plenty of times that I'm not home at bedtime and he has no issue with falling asleep for DH or who ever is putting him down.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemexicolombiana:

at 8:45 or so I go upstairs with my 18 month old and she nurses on the left side.  Then demands the other side.  Then the other side again.  Then the other side.  Then the other side.  After nursing about 3,255 times on each side she rolls over on the pillow next to me and goes to sleep.  Then I move her to the crib.

I don't mind nursing her at night but it's getting ridiculous.

No advice here.  

I laughed when I read this!  I bet it can be ridiculous some nights but the  whole switching sides is too cute.

• Options
    Thanks for all the advice ladies.  I think LO would go down without me but I have not tried it yet.  I am probably making a bigger deal of this than I should. 
  • Options
    Ours sounds exactly like yours.  We do dinner, bath, nurse, bed.  Some nights he falls asleep at the breast and some nights he doesn't.  When he doesn't DH will take him to his room, read him a story and put him in his crib.  He has no trouble falling asleep on his own.  He's 16 months (on the 25th) and I have no plans to change as it's working for us right now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    imagetheresat858:

imageaylafsu88:
    Thanks for all the advice ladies.  I think LO would go down without me but I have not tried it yet.  I am probably making a bigger deal of this than I should. 

It probably will be easier if you are not at home. My LO would go down for my parents or DH even when I was putting her to bed nightly if I didn't happen to be home for bedtime.

That makes sense.   I make a point to always be home at her bed time so no one else has ever had to put her to bed.  She will nap for H when I am not home so I think she would go down at night if I am not around.

• Options
    My LO was like yours at that age and it really was quite easy from then on to get out for dinner and a movie. The first time we did it, I nursed him before we left (before bath) and he slept all night. I did start adding singing a lullaby to him between nursing and bed, so that became his new "it's bedtime" signal. If we left earlier, I would just skip the last feeding and have the sitter offer him a snack before his bath.

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    LucyD1029 said:
    When I wasn't home, DS would get a bottle or sippy cup of milk before bed.
    This exactly.  He does fine when I'm not home.  I try to be home for bed time, but when I can't DH gives him milk.
    Married 6-7-08
    Everett 4-27-12
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"