Trying to Get Pregnant

Tested too early DH upset

Last night I took a HPT out of curiosity and DH got a little pissy.
I know it was prob a waste of a test but there is no shortage of HPT in the world. Yes it was too early for me to be taking HPT. To me it's not the end of the world. I'm excited and so so so want this more than anything but I just got ahead of myself. He got really upset!

Have any of you experienced this with your DH and how did you handle it with them?

ETA: I took it a week early... I forgot that the sell HPT at the dollar store that's a great idea! I left the wrapper in the garbage stupidly and DH found it and asked already knowing it was neg... In a pissy tone like ok seriously!?

ETA: I did not cry and freak out about it I was ticked off that I wasted the HPT lol

Re: Tested too early DH upset

• Take your name out of your siggy.

• image laulaur:
    Last night I took a HPT out of curiosity and DH got a little pissy. I know it was prob a waste of a test but there is no shortage of HPT in the world. Yes it was too early for me to be taking HPT. To me it's not the end of the world. I'm excited and so so so want this more than anything but I just got ahead of myself. He got really upset! Have any of you experienced this with your DH and how did you handle it with them?

Did you show him the negative test? Or start crying/freaking out? If/when I test, and it is negative, I just don't tell him.

Also, I only buy cheapies. If I wasted a $7 test by testing to early, DH would be pissed too. But a .25C test, he could care less.  

• DH and I tried to agree ahead of time on when to test. He actually wanted me test earlier, but I told him about chemical pregnancies and how it can be frustrating, so we agreed to test only when AF is late. 

I ended up having this weird pre-menstrual spotting that lasted quite long, so I tested when AF was due, because I was confused why I was spotting for so long. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • How early did you test? and how did you react after you got the negative hpt?

BabyFetus Ticker

Savannah Mommy and Daddy can't wait to meet you.

BabyName Ticker 

• image savannah_girl:

image laulaur:
    Last night I took a HPT out of curiosity and DH got a little pissy. I know it was prob a waste of a test but there is no shortage of HPT in the world. Yes it was too early for me to be taking HPT. To me it's not the end of the world. I'm excited and so so so want this more than anything but I just got ahead of myself. He got really upset! Have any of you experienced this with your DH and how did you handle it with them?

Did you show him the negative test? Or start crying/freaking out? If/when I test, and it is negative, I just don't tell him.

Also, I only buy cheapies. If I wasted a $7 test by testing to early, DH would be pissed too. But a .25C test, he could care less.  

Agree with Savannah.

How many DPO are you? 

TTC #1 My Chart

Off BCP 9/12 Temping/OPKs 10/12
    3 Cycle of Femera + IUI=BFN
    Injects + IUI #4=BFN
    IVF #1 April/May 2014= BFN, heartbroken. 6 Frosties
    May/June 2014 FET = canceled. Polyps found on Saline Sonogram
    Hysteroscopy 5/27
    August 2014 FET #1= BFP 8/29/14 EDD 5/12/15, CP 9/3/14 
    September 2014 FET #2= BFP 9/30 EDD 6/14/15  CP 10/8/14

You are my favorite dream. 

• I went through the same thing last month!  He thinks I'm wasting money on too many HPTs.  I tried explaining to him that this is something I have been wanting for a long time and I waited for him to be ready, so it's ok for me to be SUPER excited about it!  I am pretty sure I tried to relate it to hunting and him getting his 1st big buck and how he probably got trigger happy...(I may have been trying a little hard) But it seemed to work!  Got him to laugh anyway...then he just rolled his eyes at me! Not sure if that helps at all...:)
    A14 Nov. Siggy Challenge: I am thankful for stretchy pants!
    imageimage

MaCall, 26, EDD of Baby #1~ 4/16/2014
  • I don't show or tell DH when I test.  I'll show him when it's positive.  Though he did see a test in the trash once.  All he said was "are you peesticking yourself?"  LOL

ETA:  Why exactly was he pissy?  Because you wasted a test?  Because it was negative?  Because you didn't tell him? 

I don't understand a husband who would be pissy about their wife peeing on a stick.  I don't think it's any big deal either way.  But I guess I might be the minority.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    New here? Check out the TTGP blog!

• If and whrn I test I test without him knowing then hide the box and test. If I do tell him he doesnt really care because he feels whenever we get pregnant then that was the right time for us to be pregnant...

I do however get pissed at myself for wasteing a test..
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • image jefa621:
    I don't show or tell DH when I test.  I'll show him when it's positive.  Though he did see a test in the trash once.  All he said was "are you peesticking yourself?"  LOL

This.

One can have a chemical pregnancy even after a period is due.  I am starting to think people don't really know what a "chemical pregnancy" means. 

The Making of Baby Banker
    TTC since 03/2011 | BFP#1 05/2011-M/C at 7w | BFP#2 06/2013-M/C at 5w
    Diagnosis: Unexplained IF
    After multiple IUIs and one IVF...
    photo 416d5dec-9345-4772-9e55-326f4db59ad6_zps8d684e9d.jpg03/2014: FET #1=BFP!! EDC 12.06.2014
    photo 416d5dec-9345-4772-9e55-326f4db59ad6_zps8d684e9d.jpg
    Beta #1: 197 | Beta #2: 556 | Beta #3: 2354 | FHR: 158
    Stupid amounts of love to my TBBFF turned IRLBFF Kiki
    image GUAYAQUIL image
    {All are Welcome}

CafeMom Tickers

• It is usually the opposite in our house.  DH starts bugging me about being pregnant a week after ovulation.  I hate seeing negatives and would rather not test, but he generally insists so I'll go and show him a negative test and that usually buys me a few more days.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• With DS I tested at 9DPO and got a positive, my problem was that I kept peeing on sticks for days after to make sure I was "still pregnant".  DH didn't like it because it was making me nervous and he wanted me to just enjoy being pregnant and not constantly worrying and peeing on things.  And of course they cost a fortune because I kept using FRERs. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• image Ladiebug710:
    It is usually the opposite in our house.nbsp; DH starts bugging me about being pregnant a week after ovulation.nbsp; I hate seeing negatives and would rather not test, but he generally insists so I'll go and show him a negative test and that usually buys me a few more days.

This is my H as well. He has already started asking me if I feel pregnant and I don't even think I have Oed yet. We wasted 5 tests our first month, so I am going to have to make him cool it this month.
  • Is he mad that you wasted $$ on a test that you knew would come back BFN or he mad that you got a BFN? 

I can see how he could be upset that you wasted the test knowing it was too early, knowing you would get a BFN but taking it anyways; however, I don't think he should have gotten "really upset" with you.  I would be interested to know what does "really upset" mean?  If he just said "seriously" in a pissy tone I wouldn't call that "really upset".  

Personally, this is our first month TTC and I know I will be itching to test; however, why the heck would you ever test that early when you KNOW it is going to be a BFN. Uh, talk about setting yourself up for disappointment and just pissing $$ away.  I might test before my expected AF by one or two days; however, I am going to refuse to even buy an HPT before two days before my expected AF.  I see no point in doing so before hand. 

Dating January 2012 : Married August 2012 : TTC Baby R #1 since July 2013
    BFP #1 on 9/7/13 : EDD 5/20/14 : Found out on 10/21/2013 we MC on 10/5/13 at 7w4d
    D&C performed on 10/30/13

BFP #2 on 1/19/13 : EDD 9/29/14 : Annabeth Born on 9/22/12

image  image
    Proud Police Wife                                          
  • There are so many sticks around the house that have been peed on, Hubs isn't quite sure what is for what. If he found an HPT, he'd probably think it was an OPK and ask if it was go time.

I don't get why your husband was upset. If money is that tight, buy Wondfos and pee on them to your heart's content. 

But really, stop testing early. There's no point in testing super early. Maybe 10 DPO if you think you have a good shot, but I won't bother until 12 DPO anymore. And I won't use an expensive one until I get a positive on a Wondfo.

imageimage
                                                                                                                             Bye, Sweetheart
    Anniversary
  • I've taken tests before, and DH doesn't really care. I don't spend a ton of money on HPTs, so I don't think it bothers him if I test early or not. He knows I have tested before and it hasn't been an issue. Why is your DH upset? You can buy some cheap ones at Walmart or Dollar Tree if it's the money thing.
    October TTGP Siggy Challenge: Favorite Villain - Yzma (Emperor's New Groove)
    image.
    Married: 7/30/2011 - TTC #1 since June 2013 - Met with RE 6/24/14
    Me: Initial ultrasound: normal. CD 3 bloodwork: normal. HSG: Normal.
    DH: SA = Average motility, Good count.
    DX: Unexplained, possible Endo.
    September 2014 - Cycle 15: Letrozole with TI = BFN
    October 2014 - Cycle 16: Letrozole + Trigger + IUI = ???
    TTGP 2013 Award: Most Supportive
    TTGP 2014 Award: Cutest Pets
    I used to be a mod or something
    image. ..
    Everyone Welcome
    New to TTGP? Read this

• image jefa621:

I don't show or tell DH when I test.  I'll show him when it's positive.  Though he did see a test in the trash once.  All he said was "are you peesticking yourself?"  LOL

ETA:  Why exactly was he pissy?  Because you wasted a test?  Because it was negative?  Because you didn't tell him? 

I don't understand a husband who would be pissy about their wife peeing on a stick.  I don't think it's any big deal either way.  But I guess I might be the minority.

Same. I test for myself and there's no reason for him to know unless it's positive. I doubt he would care, though. I'm sure he has no idea how much a HPT even costs.  

imageimageimage

imageimage
  • image laulaur:

ETA: I took it a week early... I forgot that the sell HPT at the dollar store that's a great idea! I left the wrapper in the garbage stupidly and DH found it and asked already knowing it was neg... In a pissy tone like ok seriously!?

ETA: I did not cry and freak out about it I was ticked off that I wasted the HPT lol

This is a pretty shiite way to act towards your wife.  Does he know you are TTC? 

photo 416d5dec-9345-4772-9e55-326f4db59ad6_zps8d684e9d.jpg03/2014: FET #1=BFP!! EDC 12.06.2014
    image GUAYAQUIL image
    {All are Welcome}

CafeMom Tickers

• image douglamj:
    I went through the same thing last month! nbsp;He thinks I'm wasting money on too many HPTs. nbsp;I tried explaining to him that this is something I have been wanting for a long time and I waited for him to be ready, so it's ok for me to be SUPER excited about it! nbsp;I am pretty sure I tried to relate it to hunting and him getting his 1st big buck and how he probably got trigger happy...I may have been trying a little hard But it seemed to work! nbsp;Got him to laugh anyway...then he just rolled his eyes at me! Not sure if that helps at all...:

Thats too funny and a great way to explain it to DH! I love it that does help thanks!
  • image jefa621:

I am with you, Girl. My DH couldn't care less.  I this we need to make a club.   

image GUAYAQUIL image
    {All are Welcome}

CafeMom Tickers

• image Banker&BSN:

image laulaur:

This is a pretty shiite way to act towards your wife.  Does he know you are TTC? 

Yea was he saying Ok, seriously about it being negative or about you wasting tests?

If its about it being negative, that's pretty rude.  

TTC #1 My Chart

Off BCP 9/12 Temping/OPKs 10/12
    3 Cycle of Femera + IUI=BFN
    Injects + IUI #4=BFN
    IVF #1 April/May 2014= BFN, heartbroken. 6 Frosties
    May/June 2014 FET = canceled. Polyps found on Saline Sonogram
    Hysteroscopy 5/27
    August 2014 FET #1= BFP 8/29/14 EDD 5/12/15, CP 9/3/14 
    September 2014 FET #2= BFP 9/30 EDD 6/14/15  CP 10/8/14

You are my favorite dream. 

• image Banker&BSN:

image laulaur:
    I know it was prob a waste of a test but there is no shortage of HPT in the world. Yes it was too early for me to be taking HPT. To me it's not the end of the world. I'm excited and so so so want this more than anything but I just got ahead of myself. He got really upset!

Have any of you experienced this with your DH and how did you handle it with them?

Yes he knows!! lol I hope he knows jk jk jk...that would be an interesting conversation!

ETA yes he knows
  • image laulaur:
    image Banker&BSN:

image laulaur:

Yes he knows!! lol I hope he knows jk jk jk...that would be an interesting conversation!

Stop with the lol's and the jks. It's obnoxious.

"People seem to couple an inordinate amount of stupidity with extreme laziness." ~ A wise interwebz friend.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• image jefa621:

I'm there with you. 

October TTGP Siggy Challenge: Favorite Villain - Yzma (Emperor's New Groove)
    image.
    Married: 7/30/2011 - TTC #1 since June 2013 - Met with RE 6/24/14
    Me: Initial ultrasound: normal. CD 3 bloodwork: normal. HSG: Normal.
    DH: SA = Average motility, Good count.
    DX: Unexplained, possible Endo.
    September 2014 - Cycle 15: Letrozole with TI = BFN
    October 2014 - Cycle 16: Letrozole + Trigger + IUI = ???
    TTGP 2013 Award: Most Supportive
    TTGP 2014 Award: Cutest Pets
    I used to be a mod or something
    image. ..
    Everyone Welcome
    New to TTGP? Read this

• I need to tell my husband I love him today. 
    TTC Since July 2012
    BFP #1 11/07/12   M/C 12/11/12
    BFP #2 2/23/13    M/C 03/6/13
                       BFP #3 9/2/13  EDD 05/17/14                     
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• My husband would think I was being ridiculous and probably laugh, but in a playful way, and not an angry way. He's a big advocate that we just relax, have fun, and let it happen, so he's not a fan of me obsessing over the process, but he knows how I am and I'm never gonna change, so he's just gotta deal! Good luck!
  • image MeatandBandP:
    image Banker&BSN:

image laulaur:

Yea was he saying Ok, seriously about it being negative or about you wasting tests?

Her was saying it like duh it was negative I agree it was rude.
  • image GhostMonkey:
    image laulaur:
    image Banker&BSN:

image laulaur:

Stop pretending that you don't like it. 

image GUAYAQUIL image
    {All are Welcome}

CafeMom Tickers

• image GhostMonkey:
    image laulaur:
    image Banker&BSN:

image laulaur:

Sorry I'll stop
  • image laulaur:
    image MeatandBandP:
    image Banker&BSN:

image laulaur:

Her was saying it like duh it was negative I agree it was rude.

Team YH.

"People seem to couple an inordinate amount of stupidity with extreme laziness." ~ A wise interwebz friend.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• image savannah_girl:
    Take your name out of your siggy.

I think we need to revisit this again.

image GUAYAQUIL image
    {All are Welcome}

CafeMom Tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards