July 2012 Moms

VENT

I never post this kind of stuff, but I just need to scream at someone right now and my babies are the only ones here, so a virtual scream will have to do.

MH works for a major insurance company, on the corporate side [not an agent]. They don't let you stay at one level of the ladder for too long; they want you to move up every few years or so. My H is at that point, so he recently applied for another position, finance manager. Well he found out yesterday that he didn't get the finance manager job. He REALLY wanted it, and was the only one in the running with any experience whatsoever. His undergrad degree is in finance, he has an MBA, and both management an finance experience. Just found out this morning that some douche who comes into work late every day, smokes weed in his car in the parking lot, sleeps with everyone in the office, and has ZERO qualifications or experience for this job got it, because he did his internship in that office and they know him already. SUCH BULLSHIT!!!! Now I'm dealing with a super depressed and super pissed husband, who just wants to get the fuckk out of there and is considering applying for the same position in MN!!! It pays so much more and that would be awesome, but I am terrified to move that far away! And I am just so pissed that we are even in this position! That guy didn't even want this particular job, he just applies because it was a promotion and a raise. MH actually really wanted the particular position, was SURE he'd get it because he was the only applicate even remotely qualified, and was so excited to do something he actually enjoyed! AAAAARRRRRGGHHHHHHHHGHHH!!!!!!

Re: VENT

• That sucks!  Sorry to your husband.  I can't stand when stuff like that happens.  My husband is ready to quit too because of a similar situation and I have no idea what is gong to happen.  Prayers that everything works out for the better even if that does mean a move though that would stink for you and your job as a doula.  
    After two years of TTC, our beautiful twins came to us through IVF with ICSI. God has certainly blessed us with two little miracles!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP 12/5/2012 EDD 8/06/2013 = MMC 12/31/2012 dicovered 1/17/2013, Good bye sweet angel! Mommy and Daddy love you so much!!!!!  Testing revealed that our sweet baby was girl because she had Turner Syndrome. 
  • That really stinks. I'm sorry. Hopefully it's just an indication that something better will be coming his way soon!

• PaddyBPaddyB
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary

that really sucks!

if you move to MN I know all the MN ladies would be thrilled to have you!  Also, I would totally hire you as a doula.

eta: no I am not currently pregnant, but at some point I will probably be.

Henry  Greta
    image          image
    Henry Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sally, I'm so sorry for your H. That really stinks. It really is all about who you know and how often you can suck up to them, it seems. I swear the best people get passed up for jobs and it's just not right. Major bummer.

And yet I would be THRILLED if you moved to MN! Please, please, please make this happen! Seriously, I would love to meet you and your adorable offspring.

ETA: If I do end up going with a doula during my next pregnancy you would be the first person I call. Seriously.

• That sucks. I'm sorry Sally.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise BFP 8/9/13, EDD 4/16/14, happy HB 8/26/13, mmc 8/27/13 discovered 9/12/13

goodbye my little angel.... mommy misses you

• This also recently happened to my husband, and it really upset him.  That sucks!  When my husband joined the military and moved us out to DC, I was terrified--no friends, no job, no anything!  But we make so much more money out here, I have met the three best friends of my entire life here, and even though we will probably end up back in Columbus at some point, this is the happiest I've ever been.

I say have him go for it!  If he doesn't get it, you aren't any worse off than before, and if he does, you aren't obligated to take it!  Increase his network, give him that confidence boost, and decide about the move as you go. 

Also--you already have friends in MN.  So there's one check off of your list!  Good luck, and so sorry about the situation!

• You ladies really are so wonderful.  Thank you.

And holy goodness, please excuse all the typos.  You can really tell I was pissed while typing that!   

• That majorly sucks. I'd be looking elsewhere too.  Sorry that would mean a big move though!  Good luck and hope everything works itself out!

11/11: 75iu Bravelle + trigger + IUI = BFP!! Beta#1:615 (14dpiui) Beta#2:1280(16dpiui)
    12/5/11: Twins!

imageimage
    image"Lilypie"Lilypie">image
  • That sucks a big one! I'm sorry yh is in that position. Good luck!
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Call the cops when he's smoking weed in the car.  Adios, a$$hole!
  • MN is awesome, and you could be near us MN gals Stick out tongue

• I'd be furious! I hate stupid crap like that. Makes me hope that whole department goes to hell once the new guy starts. So stupid. Grrrrr!
    Married 5.14.2011 Surprise BFP 11.2.2011 Emily Carolina 7.13.12 BFP#2 6.1.2013 Confirmed MC 7.3.2013. D and E 7.18.2013 BFP #3 1.15.14 Thomas John 10.1.2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD: Hip click noted at birth. Ultrasound at 6w Dx severe hip dysplasia. Placed in Pavlik Harness at 7w. Ultrasound at 9.5w showed no improvement, surgery scheduled for spring 2013. 3-13-13 Open reduction of left hip with spica cast placement. 4-2-13 Open reduction of right hip with spica cast change. 5-14-13 Spica cast change. 6-17-13 Cast removed and placed in a hip brace. 7-11-13 Cleared to wear hip brace only at night. 7-26-2013 Brace free!!! 9-14-13 We have a CRAWLER!!! 10-14-13 Standing!!! 12-15-13 FIRST STEPS!!!
  • Another MN girl chiming in. Move here! It's awesome really.

But I would be pretty upset if I applied and someone like that got the job over me as well.

My little buttercup has the sweetest smile.OMFG I cannot get a signature to work. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That totally sucks!  It's so disappointing to be screwed over by your company.  It happened to me recently and it's a hard thing to get over.  I hope your H stays strong and keeps applying.  I hope he gets a better opportunity soon!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • I'd be making an anonymous call to HR and reporting the drug use. But I'm a vindictive biitchy narc like that.

• image amilyn9785:
    I'd be making an anonymous call to HR and reporting the drug use. But I'm a vindictive biitchy narc like that.

Me too
    What just happened in my diaper?!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards