July 2012 Moms

**A&B**

Hi! I started a new thread just in case the one from yesterday got too far down, and I suck at PMing.

I know you mentioned that you want to try yogurt but LO isn't big on it or spoon feeding. I know some might think its weird, but I just give E the Ella's Kitchen pouches like the one pictured below (her fav flavor). She sucks on them like a straw and will crush it in a few minutes time. I am kinda grossed out by the eating straight from the pouch on the veggie/savory flavors, but it works so well for a quick yogurt/fruit snack!! Maybe give it a shot? They are sold at Target and Stop & Shop near us. At least this way you can see how she tolerates it, then work up to different ways of incorporating yogurt into her diet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ohh and about Italy! I have been before, but H hasn't. We are going to Rome, somewhere in Tuscany (haven't decided where just yet), Venice, then flying to Palermo, Sicily for  a few days. I am so excited! Getting E her passport today :) Where did you stay in Venice? We are booking all of our hotels this week and would love some recommendations. Grazie!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: **A&B**

• That's a good suggestion!  I will have to pick some up next time I am out.  Thanks!

I would not recommend where we stayed in Venice which was the Gardena Hotel. It was pretty outdated, the carpet was dirty/smelly, and the place was really expensive for what it was (I know that's how Venice is but it really wasn't good).  The area of the hotel was great b/c that's near where the bus/train station is and we had a really early flight home.  It also has lots of nice stores and restaurants, it was really just the hotel we didn't care for.  Not sure how long you are planning on staying in Venice but I think 2 days is good.  There's not that much to do compared to other areas.  It was really cool to see and we enjoyed our time there, so I'm glad we went.  Some people had told us not to bother with it but for me, it was a place I just HAD to see.    

In Rome, we did a VRBO close to the coliseum.  I could figure out which one if you are interested.  It was a 1 bed with kitchenette, living room, and roof deck.  I liked that area and we were really close to a train stop.  We lived in Chicago at the time and Rome is a busy city so we were glad this was our first stop on the trip.  It allowed us to see such amazing things and then to have time relaxing in the other locations before returning home to another busy city.  We had considered doing Rome last and I'm glad we didn't.      

In Florence, we stayed at Hotel Consigli and really liked it.  We had one of the terrace rooms.  The terrace was HUGE as was our room.  The floors were wood herringbone and we had a great view of the river and bridge.  It is a bit of a walk from the attractions so that could be hard with E.  For us, it was nice strolling along the river to get home but we didn't have L at the time.  There's not a ton of places to eat right by this hotel so we usually ate before going home for the night or picked up some delicious wine, cheese, bread, etc. and ate on the terrace.  There were fridges in the room which was nice.  The breakfast here was really good.  I will say that we talked to a few other people who had booked the cheapest rooms in the hotel and they were not that excited about the place b/c their room was small.  I think you have to splurge for the nicer rooms if you want to stay here.  There's other rooms with cool vaulted ceilings but without terraces that people were raving about.  We did 2 day trips out to the smaller towns in Tuscany and had a blast.... mmmm.... wine :) 

Let me know if you have other Qs.  Hope you have an amazing trip! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2- 1/14/14, EDD 9/26/14, MC 2/19/14, D&C 2/21/14- so sad to say goodbye

BFP #3- 6/11/14, EDD 2/20/15

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Gave her a yogurt pouch today..... fingers crossed!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2- 1/14/14, EDD 9/26/14, MC 2/19/14, D&C 2/21/14- so sad to say goodbye

BFP #3- 6/11/14, EDD 2/20/15

Pregnancy Ticker