Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Won't Feed Herself Puffs

We've tried puffs multiple times over the past few weeks. Our LO will pick them up and play with them but makes no move to actually eat them. She will happily open her mouth if we go to feed her.

Last night I was holding her while munching on a pickle spear. On a whim I left LO try the pickle. She loved it. I plopped her in the high chair and give her a large section of the pickle and she proceeded to gnaw on it for 15 minutes. She was such a mess.

Anything surprise you about what your LO will or will not eat?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                       Willa 10/27/12
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Won't Feed Herself Puffs

• On a whim, I gave LO a bite of hummus last night on the tip of my finger. The arm flapping and open bird mouth that resulted was hilarious. He couldn't get enough, and I had to cut him off. Of course, he hasn't really rejected much yet... maybe he got his dad's adventurous eating genes? ;)
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Apparently DD LOVES blueberry muffins..My Mom said she gave her some yesterday when they were at breakfast with her coworkers, and Mom said she thought DD would have tried to eat the entire muffin if given a chance, lol

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• I too was surprised that DS liked dill pickles!  I personally don't like them, and I thought DS would find it too sour. But I gave him a slice and next thing I knew, he ate it!
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • This morning she got ahold of my cooled coffee, she just got a sip before I caught her. She went crazy, she was so mad at me. When I got more she kind of yelled at me and was giving me dirty looks. Yeah um, not gonna happen baby.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • image pb_bride:
    I too was surprised that DS liked dill pickles!  I personally don't like them, and I thought DS would find it too sour. But I gave him a slice and next thing I knew, he ate it!

I wanted to see the sour face but instead she wanted more. I'm surprised b/c it was a zesty garlic pickle. 

I tried to give her a piece of asparagus off of our dinner plates but it didn't work so well. She put it in her mouth a few times and then just started pantomiming. She almost gagged when it wasn't in her mouth. Our child is odd. Just wondering what we should try next.

Willa 10/27/12
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My child is odd-----he won't pick up the puffs from his high chair and try to put them in his mouth. But if he is sitting on my lap at the kitchen table, he will pick them up and try to put them in his mouth. Not sure what the difference is. At his high chair he just pushes them all around. 
  • My child is odd-----he won't pick up the puffs from his high chair and try to put them in his mouth. But if he is sitting on my lap at the kitchen table, he will pick them up and try to put them in his mouth. Not sure what the difference is. At his high chair he just pushes them all around. 
    We haven't tried puffs, but DD does this "pushing around the high chair" thing with cheerios.  We've offered them multiple times, and I don't know that she's ever actually eaten a cheerio haha... But apparently they're fun!

• Tried again with the puffs and LO actually brought one up to her mouth a few times. A portion of the partially disintegrated puff was on her tray and so I put it in her mouth. She gagged and out came the milk she drank an hour earlier. I hate puffs!
                           Willa 10/27/12
    BabyFruit Ticker
    jsoubel